Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test TCP Message Utility

Hello,

First time user of Mirth - and it's totally awesome. Question though - we're switching from another product and it has a utility to send a sample HL7 message via TCP to the LLP listener. Is there any simple way for testing that I can send a sample HL7 Message to Mirth?

Thanks.

Re:Test TCP Message Utility

Grab a utility such as HL7 Inspector (free) to send messages into mirth...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hl7inspector

You can also try Mike Litherlands HL7 browser to achieve the same functionality.

http://nule.org/wp/?page_id=62

Comment

I've used 7edit to send and receive HL7 messages over LLP. Isn't free but is cheap enought!

It has capabilities to autorespond with customized ACKs and so on ...

Comment

Great, thanks everyone, those actually all work really well, was building my own, so this saved me some time.

Thanks agian.

Comment

Hi,

same than quimicefa, I prefer 7edit. HL7 Inspector sometimes hangs on LLP connections while testing, and I lost a lot of hours trying to know who was liying HL7Inspector or Mirth, by the way, usually was HL7Inspector! ;-)

HTH,

Ricard Bernat

Comment

Thanks for telling me that - I hate when that happens.

Comment

When we tested the ability to receive LLP we set up a test TCP sender from Mirth...i'm not sure why you need an external application when the functionality to both receive AND send is built right in there...

Comment

Originally posted by jason.irwin View Post
                When we tested the ability to receive LLP we set up a test TCP sender from Mirth...i'm not sure why you need an external application when the functionality to both receive AND send is built right in there...
                That's true. And don't forget you can right click a channel and hit send message, though it doesn't test the source connection.
                Jacob Brauer
                Director, Software Development
                NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X