multiple destinations in channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple destinations in channel

I have 4 destinations in 1 channel: soap, javascript, soap and file writer.

When one gets an error, the rest continue. My problem is that each destination relies on information from the previous destination, so I'd like for the remaining destinations to not process if the previous one gets an error. Is there a way to do that?

Re:multiple destinations in channel

Yes,
    You can access the results of a previous destination from all proceeding destinations. Therefore, create filters for the remaining destinations so that they do not run based on the result from the first.

For instance, if one of your destinations is called 'UserExists' a second is 'DropUser' you should be able to access the results of the first using $(UserExists). Create a filter on 'DropUser' only allowing it to run if the $(UserExists) variable is true/Yes/etc..

Jason

Comment

Ok, thanks. I thought there might be some way to set the behaviour with a setting in the GUI.

I took your advice, and used a javascript filter for each channel. Works like a charm.

return responseMap.get('<PreviousChannelName>').getStatus ().toString() == "SUCCESS";

Comment

Can you please show me how you wrote those destinations?
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X