Parse Field Repetitions defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parse Field Repetitions defaults

Why does the Parse Field Repetitions default to checked for outbound HL7, but you have to manually check it on inbound HL7 destinations and source connectors? Weird. What is optimized the most? Should I leave the default outbound checked?

I don't believe this is the case in version 3.0. The default should be checked on both inbound and outbound. In fact, outbound only actually has a "Parse Field Repetitions" that applies in the template serialization.
    Jacob Brauer
    Director, Software Development
    NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

These are the default settings for the HL7 v2.x data type:

In 2.x by default those settings were disabled, but now they are enabled by default in 3.0 (MIRTH-2772). However, if you import a 2.x channel into 3.0, and the original channel had those options disabled, they will remain disabled when it's imported into 3.0.
      Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
      Work: 949-237-6069
      Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
      - You just bar.

Comment

Thanks. Maybe I did import them from 2.x I don't remember.
        So the default is checked always now in 3.0.

But, what about optimization, is it so negligible that it is irrelevant which one is faster?

Comment

Originally posted by StickyBandit View Post
          Thanks. Maybe I did import them from 2.x I don't remember.
          So the default is checked always now in 3.0.

But, what about optimization, is it so negligible that it is irrelevant which one is faster?
          Certainly with those options disabled it would be slightly more efficient, because it doesn't have to create multiple nodes for fields, or create multiple children for subcomponents within components. I don't have any test results or anything showing exactly how much more efficient it is, but I would guess it's rather negligible.
          Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
          Work: 949-237-6069
          Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
          - You just bar.

Comment

Working...
          X