Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Alerts

Hello,
    I am trying to set up an alert for a channel to send emails. It sends out emails fine but I would like to get more in the email than saying "an error occured"

Can I add variables etc in the email template so that the alert emails help me troubleshoot?

Any standard "Error Template" available?

Thanks,

Bikash

PS: Bye the way, I must thank all who worked hard to make this great product. I have been testing Mirth to interface our Lab with a client using misys for couple of months or so & we are finally going live next week. I am very excited!

Re:Email Alerts

Hi Bikash,

You can use the ${error} variable in the template to display the actual exception that occurred. That is the only variable available at the moment, but we are currently re-working the alerting system for the next release and will allow for more variables to be included (channel name, message id, etc.)
    Gerald Bortis | Chief Information Officer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Thank you, Gerald! It worked great.
      I received the whole stack in the error alert email.

Comment

bikashpanda wrote:
        Thank you, Gerald! It worked great.
        I received the whole stack in the error alert email.
        I've never seen anyone so excited to receive an error message! :P
        Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
        http://consultzen.com/careers/
        Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
        Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Hahaha... nice one jbartels!:P But for me, receiving errors is better than receiving nothing at all... Errors provides us clues on how well we can accomplish things.

More power to you bikash! I'm sure for now you are using Mirth in your Lab systems... Keep it up!
          Al Hada & Taif Armed Forces Hospital
          Taif Region, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Please help me to create an instant message community by adding me to your Yahoo! Messenger. My YM id is: hl7_alex

Comment

Working...
          X