File Reader proccessed a file twice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Reader proccessed a file twice.

I have a very simple channel that accepts messages via a file reader, manipulates the message, then writes the message to a unique output file. The other day, the channel read the same file twice and created two output files with identical contents, but unique names. I confirmed this by looking at the messages for this channel where it showed the same input file for both messages, yet different output files for each.

I have the polling frequency for the file reader set at 100ms. Is it possible that it read this file twice b/c it didn't have enough time to process it before it polled again?

Or, could there be another explanation and solution for this issue. I've seen it happen a few times.

Re:File Reader proccessed a file twice.

It's possible that it polled the directory two times too quickly before the file was moved/removed from the directory because of your low polling frequency. Set it to 5 seconds to remedy this issue since your OS does not move the file quick enough.

Post edited by: brendanh, at: 09/21/2007 14:24
    Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Would the "Check File Age" and "File Age (ms)" settings do the same thing?

John

Comment

The check file age options check to make sure a file is "old enough" to be read in. This is to prevent files that are being transfered from an external source from being read before they have been completely moved. For example, if your file age is set to 5000, a file would have had to be on the system for at least 5 seconds before it is processed. It is not related to your issue.
        Chris Lang

Comment

Working...
        X