Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions about scope

Hi,

Could anybody remind me what the different scopes in mirth mean?
    what exactly is the connector, channel, global and response?

Could you also explain to me how to use the global variable/functions scripts that are new in v1.6?

Finally, I would like to make a message flow like this:
    1. File reader -> channel writer
    2. channel reader -> filter good/bad messages -> treatment of PID segment -> channel writer
    3. channel reader (multiple) -> filter according to message type -> treat the rest of the message depending on type -> database writer
    What would be the best scope for variables set in point 2. I thought about global scope, but I was afraid that two incoming messages would create problems and the second message would overwrite data from the first prior to data insertion into the database.

Thank you

Manuel

Re:A few questions about scope

I would like to know the same thing. Someone please answer.

Comment

Rather than creating three separate channels you should create a single channel:

Source Connector: File Reader
      Source Filter: Good/bad messages
      Source Transformer: Treat PID segment

Destination Connector(s) (one for each outgoing destination, i.e db or llp, or based on type)
      Destination Filter: Filter based on message type
      Destination Transformer: Any transformations for that type

For example, you can have 3 destinations, one for ADT-A01, one for ADT-A04 and one for ADT-A31. You can filter on the type on the destination connector.

Please see http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...&id=90&catid=2 for clarification on the scope.
      Chris Lang

Comment

By the way, we are on PDT if you are wondering why you never get a response in the IRC channel.
        Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Working...
        X