Mirth as a method-call transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirth as a method-call transformer

How would I use Mirth as a transformer of message sets from XML to HL7 and HL7 to XML through a SOAP interface?

I want to be able to make a web service call to Mirth (using SOAP), pass in either HL7 or XML and have the call return XML and HL7 respectively.

In pseudo code, the function declaration might look something like this:
    HL7message MirthTransformXML( XML xmlMessage);
    XMLmessage MirthTransformHL7(HL7message hl7Message);

How would I do that?

Re:Mirth as a method-call transformer

Use SOAP sender destinations to make the calls to the webservice. The SOAP sender allows you to pass in variables such as your XML or HL7 to your webservice call, make the call, and use the response from that call in subsequent destinations. You need to synchronize your channel in order for this to work.

Why not use Mirth for whatever logic you are doing in the webservice call. Mirth naturally serializes XML to HL7 and vise versa. In the transformer, you work with a serialized XML version of the original HL7 message in order to extract/manipulate data. After the transformer, it is encoded back to HL7 (depending on your channel settings) and sent to the destination.
    Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Re:Mirth as a method-call transformer

I know I need to use SOAP for the source connector, but what do I use for the desination connector? Is there a desination? How do I configure the channel to return the transformed data on the SOAP call?

I guess that it all boils down to: how do I modify/control the return result on a channel?

Post edited by: [email protected], at: 09/07/2007 07:36

Comment

Working...
      X