Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 4.1.1 Released!

Mirth Connect 4.1.1 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release contains modifications to the Welcome to Mirth Connect screen and two fixed defects. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Running mirth administrator without webstart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running mirth administrator without webstart

There is no 64-bit version of Java webstart (see: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view...bug_id=4802696), so I cannot launch the Mirth Administrator the normal way.

Since webstart just grabs a bunch of jars, puts them on the classpath and runs the main() method of one of its classes, I figure I should be able to rig up an environment to do this.

When I grab the relevant JARs out of the mirth.war and try to run the main class (com.webreach.mirth.client.ui.Mirth) I do get the login screen. But on logging in I get the message:

The version of this client does not match the version
    of the server. Please clear your Java cache and
    relaunch the client from the server webpage.
    Any idea how I can get around this problem?

Re:Running mirth administrator without webstart

Additional info: after adding a 'log4j.properties' to my classpath and setting the default logging level to DEBUG, I get more info, log attached.

The problem seems to be the response from the server, which is returning a "406 Not Acceptable" HTTP status. mirth_client.txt (12464 bytes)

Post edited by: cwinters, at: 09/04/2007 11:37

Comment

run the main class with "-v 0.0.0" as an argument. This will bypass the version check.
      Chris Lang

Comment

Boy, that was silly -- I could have just looked in the ...ui.Mirth class and found:

Code:
        if (args.length > 1)
        {
            server = args[0];
            version = args[1];
        }
        else
        {
            server = "[url]https://localhost:8443";[/url]
            version = "";
        }
        So using the server address + "0.0.0" as separate arguments did the trick -- thanks!

(BTW, using a trailing '/' on the server address, while it is a valid URL, results in a slightly misleading error: "There was a problem authenticating the information that was entered. Please verify that the server is up and running and that the user information is valid.")

Comment

I built mirth 1.7.1 and can run the server in Eclipse. But I want to run the client administrator. When I attempt to do so with webstart, it fails

mirth-client.jnlp (The system cannot find the file specified)
          RequestURI=/webstart.jnlp

I am out of my comfort zone as I am neither a java developer nor a web applications developer by trade.

Would someone please tell me the exact steps to be rig up an environment so that I can launch the client without using webstart?

Jon

Comment

This is the problem I'm stuck on.

I guess that it's a problem related to the Jetty configuration, perhaps the paths where the jnlp files are incorrectly specified when running from Eclipse ... but I've tried many configurations unsuccesfully.

I anyone can share any clue I'll update the wiki section, but I still haven't found the solution for this

See you!

Comment

I noticed it was looking for mirth-client.jnlp in the wrong location (not in the server directory, but in the parent dir of the server dir). I copied both mirth-client.jnlp and activation.jnlp into this directory.

E.G.

Mirth
              activation.jnlp
              mirth-client.jnlp
              bin\
              client\
              manager\
              server\

And now I'm able to launch the manager.

Comment

Working...
              X