Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 4.1.1 Released!

Mirth Connect 4.1.1 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release contains modifications to the Welcome to Mirth Connect screen and two fixed defects. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Conversion between HL7 2.x message versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion between HL7 2.x message versions?

Just wondering how best to use Mirth to convert messages between different HL7 2.x versions.

Say I have a message inbound that is V2.3 and I want to send out a V2.5 message.

Would you need to use message templates and put individual mappings in place to copy the data?

Or is there a way to use the internal XML representation of the incoming message, set the version to 2.5 on the XML representation (the transformed message) in a transform js script and then convert that to a HL7 message using something like:

SerializerFactory.getHL7Serializer(useStrictParser , useStrictValidation, handleRepetitions).fromXML(message);

I guess what I'm trying to find out is if the internal XML representation is smart enough to handle different versions when serializing out to HL7 2.x message format?

Thanks!

Re:Conversion between HL7 2.x message versions?

The strict parser (on each transformer tab go to Properties and check "use strict parser") SHOULD be smart enough to do this, but I can't confirm right now. If you have a Javascript transformer step that changes the version number on the msg object (using E4X) then when it re-encodes it to HL7 it will try to use that version. I am not 100% sure that HAPI is smart enough to convert the differences but I am 100% that our own non-strict parser isn't.

Give it a try!
    Chris Lang

Comment

Re:Conversion between HL7 2.x message versions?

Thanks Chris.

When I get to that stage of the game, I'll give it a try and post back what I've found.

Comment

Any update on this?

Hi andrzej

Did you ever get to "that stage of the game" to make this work? I know this thread is old, but I haven't seen much newer stuff on the forums regarding conversion from one version of HL7 to another.

I have a similar need: to convert from v 2.2 to v 2.3.1 and didn't know if there was a function for this or if it requires manually mapping each piece of each segment.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X