Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep Track of messages sent (i.e. no duplicates)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Track of messages sent (i.e. no duplicates)

Hello:

I've been presented with an issue:
    We have a RIS system that separates reports by CPT code, if the patient has had more than one scan done.
    The reports that are sent out have a 'Report Unique ID' in OBR.29. The report is split by CPT code into separate messages(with different Accession numbers), but has the same report (and the same OBR.29 value) in both of them. So what happens is we get one message with a certain CPT code, with a report, and then another message follows shortly after with another CPT code but the same report (and can repeat for as many different scans/procedures as were done).

There is a Referring Physician that only wants one report. Is there a way I can keep track that this report ID for this patient for this D.O.S. was already sent and not send the duplicates?

Thank you in advance!
    Robert

Originally posted by RobertD View Post
    Hello:

I've been presented with an issue:
    We have a RIS system that separates reports by CPT code, if the patient has had more than one scan done.
    The reports that are sent out have a 'Report Unique ID' in OBR.29. The report is split by CPT code into separate messages(with different Accession numbers), but has the same report (and the same OBR.29 value) in both of them. So what happens is we get one message with a certain CPT code, with a report, and then another message follows shortly after with another CPT code but the same report (and can repeat for as many different scans/procedures as were done).

There is a Referring Physician that only wants one report. Is there a way I can keep track that this report ID for this patient for this D.O.S. was already sent and not send the duplicates?

Thank you in advance!
    Robert
    There are many similar examples on these forums, but here's one:

http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...77&postcount=6
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

Thank you - I did do a search on this first; but didn't see a related thread. However this wasn't the solution I was expecting... I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again,
      Robert

Comment

I have a channel I have to do this on! It works very well! I was having a problem with duplicate lab results coming through. Everything in the results were exaclty the same except for the MSH.10 and the OBR.4 had an extra ".RM" in the field. So, here is what I do in my filter:

var lastMessage = $gc('lastMessage');
        var newMsg = msg.copy();
        delete newMsg.MSH['MSH.10'];
        delete newMsg.OBR['OBR.4'];
        $gc('lastMessage',newMsg);
        return $gc('lastMessage') != lastMessage;

Comment

thanks atibbits! This looks more like what I was going for.

Comment

Mirth version: 3.4.2.8129
            Mirth newbie

I was able to use the logic provided by atibbits in the post, it does filter the message duplicate(s). But along with filtering the message how would I write the duplicate messages to another channel?

I attempted different things related to using "destinationSet.xxx" such as destinationSet.remove(1); but I am not successful.

I would like to filter the duplicate charge, and also write it to a channel so it can be reviewed by other resources for confirmation it is invalid/double billing.

Appreciate the review and the assistance.

** update upon additional searching was able to cobble together based off of http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...d.php?t=216626
            Last edited by coding_birdie; 03-25-2020, 03:56 PM. Reason: resolved

Comment

Working...
            X