Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL7 to PDF

Dears,

How can I convert an ORU message to a PDF Format.
    ORU messages are received into a shared folder directory, I need to configure mirth tool to read from the shared directory and convert each ORU message into a PDF Format with a specific Layout.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks,
    Dory

You will need to move the data fields into a formated XML and set your destination as a file writer (PDF).

Comment

You can also use a Document Writer to achieve that; it has options to generate either a PDF or RTF. In the template, you just need to provide the appropriate HTML. You can hard-code a bunch of HTML in the template and then drag-and-drop specific map variables in certain places. Or, you could also build up the HTML dynamically in your transformer, place it in a map variable, and drag-and-drop the finished product into the destination template.
      Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
      Work: 949-237-6069
      Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
      - You just bar.

Comment

The Idea is that I am new to mirth and I have no idea what version to use and how to start ?
        Could you please provide me some hints, some steps ob howvto achiebe this?

Thanks,
        Dory

Comment

I believe any version of Mirth will work.

You will need to create a channel that is a file reader (HL7 data type). On the source tab you will give the directory and filename (i.e. *.oru). Mirth will convert the HL7 into an XML for easier access of the data variables. Accessing the data will be in the following format...

msg['OBX']['OBX.1']['OBX.1.1'].toString()

msg is the reserved word for the message. ['OBX'] will reference the OBX segment. ['OBX.1'] will reference the first field in the OBX. ['OBX.1.1'] will reference the data in the first field (if there are subfields you will need to take the indexing out further). The toString() will give you the data, without it you will get XML.

You will need to pull out the data fields that you need for your pdf and put them into an formatted XML (this will have all the formatting that you require for your PDF). You will then do a globalMap.put(varialbleName, yourPDF), this will give the destination tab access to the variableName. You will want to do the manipulation on the destination transformer for access to be there. You will then write the XML out as a PDF.

Comment

do you have an email so that we can communicate better so that I attach for you some screenshot in order to make it more clear

thanks for your cooperation,
            Dory

Comment

i used to document writer and write code in template with map parameter to create pdf file but my pdf was created but its blank so suggest me please

Comment

Working...
              X