Message encoding problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message encoding problem

I'm trying to do simple transfer from text file containing HL7 message (encoding UTF-8) to identical outbound text file with the same message and the same encoding.

I set channel with FileListener as a source and FileWriter as an destination. I chose UTF-8 encoding for both of them. In outbound template i put only reference to raw data (${message.rawData}).
    PID||89102332546^^^^PESEL|17741||G??l?^?ó???||19791023|M|||Street 8 m 4^^City^^93218|||||||||
    is transfered to:
    PID||89102332546^^^^PESEL|17741||G??l?^?ó???||19791023|M|||Street 8 m 4^^City^^93218|||||||||
    Written file contains changed data (polish signs are changed to '?' sign). I've also tried other encodings (like ISO-8859-2) but result is the same: ? instead of polish signs (??????).

Is it possible to transfer HL7 messages containing language specific signs?

Please refer to attached source HL7 message (UTF-8, Polish signs in PID.5).

ORM_UTF8.hl7 (593 bytes)

Post edited by: mombip, at: 08/14/2007 08:11

Re:Message encoding problem

What encoding is used in JavaScript edit windows (transformers). Each polish sign is being changed to '?' sign after channel save. Is that replacement intended? Can I control it? Maybe it is possible to do some custom Mirth compilation from source code?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Comment

It looks like it is Mirth Database encoding problem. Setting derby.serviceLocale
      from en_US to pl_PL (in /Mirth/mirthdb/service.properties) fixed problem with polish chars.

One problem still appears. XML parser parses 'ó' sign to '& oacute':
      Code:
      <PID.5><PID.5.1>'G''&# 281;''&# 347';'l& #261';</PID.5.1><PID.5.2>'&# 379';'& o a c u t e';'&# 322';'&# 263';'&# 324';</PID.5.2></PID.5>
      I added spaces to avoid char translations.
      That causes following transformer error:
      Code:
      ERROR-300: Transformer error
      ERROR MESSAGE:	Error evaluating transformer
      com.webreach.mirth.model.converters.SerializerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity "oacute" was referenced, but not declared.
      	at com.webreach.mirth.model.converters.ER7Serializer.fromXML(ER7Serializer.java:157)
      	at com.webreach.mirth.model.converters.ER7Serializer.fromXML(ER7Serializer.java:50)
      It seems like XML parser settings problem. Any suggestions?

Post edited by: mombip, at: 08/20/2007 05:48

Comment

Are you using 1.6?
        Chris Lang

Comment

No. I'm using 1.5.0.2272. Should I use 1.6 (I didn't know that it is already released )

Comment

WOW. It seems that problem doesn't exist in version 1.6.
            Anyway change in Mirth database locale settings is necessary.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X