Blank Dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank Dashboard

I am working with a hospital that recently changed their internal IP address. Before the change the channel was working properly and displaying statistics in the dashboard. Since the change I have stopped the channel, updated the IP address for the LLP Listener and then deployed. After doing this the Dashboard is blank and will not display any statistics. I have searched the forum and found a similar case that said to change the refresh rate settings to 1 second. I tried this but the dashboard is still blank. Any help anyone could offer on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Re:Blank Dashboard

Try restarting Mirth service.

You don't need to update LLP listener IP: let it at "localhost".

And let the refresh option to 10 seconds.

Comment

Check your event viewer - you have a channel deploy exception, most likely an "unable to connect on" or "unable to listen on" socket error.
      Chris Lang

Comment

First off thank you for the quick response and suggestions. I restarted the Mirth service and changed the refresh back to 10 seconds. The Dashboard was still blank so I checked the Events. There were no error or exception events just log in/log out and Channel Deployed events.

Comment

┬┐There are any strange data in the mirth.log file?

Strange. There is a quick solution if you're using derby:

1. Copy mirthdb dir to a safe location.
          2. Unistall Mirth remove everything
          3. Install Mirth again (don't start service).
          4. Remove the new installed mirthdb dir, and copy the old one.
          5. Start Mirth again.

Comment

Thank you for your help. I backed up the mirthdb directory and then installed Mirth 1.6. Once installed I moved the mirthdb directory back into the 1.6 folder. I deployed the channel but the dashboard was still blank. I then cloned the existing channel and then deployed both channels. Once I did this the dashboard displayed both channels. If I then disabled one of the channels and deployed the other the dashboard went back to blank again.

Comment

Can you post your channel?
              Chris Lang

Comment

The exported channel is attached. Pentax_Interface.xml (20876 bytes)

Comment

It's working fine here - new install of Mirth, imported channel, deployed. Of course it starts stopped because the IP isn't valid. Once I change the IP to localhost, it starts up just fine.

Does the system you are running this on have multiple network interfaces? If not, just change the listener to listen on localhost.
                  Chris Lang

Comment

I'm experiencing the "blank dashboard" problem after a move from 1.6 to 1.7 running on a postgres database.

Is the fix for postgres the same as for derby (ie copy the database)?
                    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
                    http://consultzen.com/careers/
                    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
                    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

After a migration (upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7) you will have to re-deploy your channels. Are you saying there is nothing there after a redeploy? If you've modified any properties in the mirth.properties or any other files through the server manager, make sure they are still correct. Please check your wrapper.log and mirth.log files for any errors, as well as the event browser. Finally, you can try manually deleting the generated mule-config.xml is nothing else works. Let me know which solution works out for you!
                      Jacob Brauer
                      Director, Software Development
                      NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Ok heres whats been done, starting from the beginning.

We were deploying Mirth to a new server (Ubuntu with postgres). The intention was to get the new one set up and then just swap the IP addresses. Old server was at x.x.x.200 and the new one was at x.x.x.201 . To "go live" we made the old one 201 and the new one 200 and reset the network interfaces.

I installed the latest stable version on the new server (1.7), told my IT slave to swap the IPs, and ran into the no dashboard problem. The channels are still up and processing messages, but no dahsboard.

Thinking it was a versioning problem, so I nuked the 1.7 install including the database, and installed the same version as what was on the old server, 1.6.1.2750.

With a clean database, and no imports, I created a new channel (LLP -> file) and deployed it. I did not see that channel in the dashboard, but it is up and running since I can see the files being created.

This might be a red herring, but the original server (still up and running, just with a different ip) also does not display the dashboard.
                        Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!

Comment

Very strange. We've never seen anything like this. One thing I would suggest is turning on your java console for your client. Let me know if any errors are being printed out there. In windows, you can do it through the java control panel. I have seen this sort of issue caused before by the java heap being full. In 1.7, both the server and client should have a heap size large enough to stop this issue.
                          Jacob Brauer
                          Director, Software Development
                          NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

I think we managed to "fix" it.

I changed the IP of the new box back to 201 and the dashboard works. I'm now waiting on our network guru to update the firewall rules to just point to that IP.

I'll try to provide debugging information, but in this particular case I was under "get it working ASAP" orders and not "figure it out" orders so I can't really provide a whole lot of debugging info.

I am trying to use this as justification to get a Mirth appliance on the budget for the interface team because it may prove to be cheaper and more reliable than maintaining our own servers.

Thanks for your help Jacob. Props to the rest of the Mirth team as well. There are always going to be bugs like this, but Mirth is a fantastic product and keeps getting better.
                            Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!

Comment

I ran into the same problem. Moved 2 servers to a new data center. The move required changing the ip addresses. On of the servers is 1.8.1 and the other is 1.7. Both have blank dashboards after the ip change.

Is there any any solution to this problem short of changing ip addresses back? That's not an option in our case.

Selcuk

Comment

Working...
                              X