Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to modify date/time stamp?

Hi all,

Using Mirth v1.5, I am trying to insert the current date/time into the MSH 7.1 segment via a JavaScript step in the source channel transformer. Am I headed in the right direction using something like this:

var dateString = DateUtil.getCurrentDate(pattern);
    tmp['MSH']['MSH.7']['MSH.7.1'] = datestring;

If so, then what is the format for "pattern" parameter for something like 20070729123955 ?
    Also, do I need a localMap.put statement at the end? Is it valid in v1.5?

thanks,
    Paul

Re:how to modify date/time stamp?

Paul,

You are indeed going down the right direction. You can use the date format from here: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/...ateFormat.html

Try this:

Code:
    tmp['MSH']['MSH.7']['MSH.7.1'] = DateUtil.getCurrentDate("YYYYMMddhhmmss"«»);
    That would give you something like 20070729103045 for a date.

You do not need to put anything in the localMap - it is not valid in 1.5 either (localMap is now channelMap)

-Chris
    Chris Lang

Comment

Re:how to modify date/time stamp?

Chris,

Thanks for the prompt reply !

The JavaScript works fine now, although I had to modify the pattern parameter slightly to get it to not throw an error (this works):

tmp['MSH']['MSH.7']['MSH.7.1'] = DateUtil.getCurrentDate("yyyyMMddHHmmss");

Apparently the pattern parameter is case-sensitive and you have to enter the "y" and "M" and "d" exactly as specified in the SimpleDateFormat reference. I forgot about the strict case-sensitive Java rules :unsure:

thanks again, man.

Comment

Working...
      X