Announcement

Collapse

NextGen (Mirth) Connect 3.10.0 Released!

NextGen (Mirth) Connect 3.10.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes better SQL Server database support, security improvements through fixes and library updates, and improvements for the Advanced Clustering plugin with a focus on improving performance of many of the tasks that are carried out on a frequent interval. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Could somebody shed some light on this... please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could somebody shed some light on this... please?

I have managed to get Mirth to populate an HL7 file into my SQL Server database. The problem however is that, it's not inserting the proper values. The mapping seems to be correct, coz, when I view the message under "source" it seems to have picked up the right data but while inserting the data, instead of inserting the acutal values, it seems to be inserting values like ${PID},${L_Name},${F_Name},${MI}. It's not inserting the actual PID, Last Name, First Name etc. Below is my SQL statement. Also, in the destination tab, I don't see PID, L_Name, F_Name and MI under Destination Mappings.

INSERT IGNORE INTO PatDemo(PID, L_Name, F_Name, MI) VALUES (${PID},${L_Name},${F_Name},${MI});

Also, when I open up the database, instead of seeing one record, I see like 300 records! I should be seeing only 1 record since, I am only inputing data from one HL7 file.

I would appreciate your help very much. Thanks.

Re:Could somebody shed some light on this... please?

Can you post your channel (attach your channel export file)?

Comment

Please find attached my channel file. Thanks for your help. DLO.xml (9284 bytes)

Comment

Refer to the attached updated channel file.

1. Source tab / Moved files to a different folder. The reason why you were getting like 300 records is because the settings were "Do not delete file" and wasn't getting moved to any other folder. The same source file was sitting in the folder and getting processed repeatedly.

2. In the transformer, changed the "Add to:" from "Connector Map" to "Channel Map". Not sure why "Connector Map" wouldn't expose but this "exposed" the variables in the "Destination" tab under "Destination Mappings" that could be dragged-and-dropped inside the INSERT statement.

Also, in your database table, make sure the column width for PID column is large. I set it to like varchar(8000).

Tested it with a sample file and the database was getting populated as expected.

Hope this helps!

DLO_Updated.xml (9520 bytes)

Post edited by: nshaik, at: 07/10/2007 10:46

Comment

Hello nshaik,

It worked! Thanks so much! You are great!

Comment

Working...
          X