Announcement

Collapse

NextGen (Mirth) Connect 3.10.0 Released!

NextGen (Mirth) Connect 3.10.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes better SQL Server database support, security improvements through fixes and library updates, and improvements for the Advanced Clustering plugin with a focus on improving performance of many of the tasks that are carried out on a frequent interval. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

converting transformers from 1.4 to 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting transformers from 1.4 to 1.5

Running Mirth 1.4 on Debian I stopped the mirth-daemon rm -r on the directory it was in, untarred version 1.5, chmod +x on the wrapper-386, mirth-daemon, mirth.sh and ran the mirth.sh, then mirth-daemon start after a reboot.

I then got the new channel from http://host:8080 and went to import the channels I had previously exported from 1.4

It asked if I want to convert the channels, I agreed.

Afterwards, the transformers no longer seem to be doing anything at all, the encoded message looks the same as the raw.

Attached are some sample messages as well as the channel export before and after.
    kicmessageexample.xml (44331 bytes)

Post edited by: gsasquatch, at: 06/14/2007 15:32

Re:converting transformers from 1.4 to 1.5

Here is the old channel export

InFromKIC14.xml (15354 bytes)

Comment

And the file export from the 1.5

InFromKIC15.xml (15857 bytes)

Comment

Checking the "use strict parser" let the transformers work again.

Elsewhere in the forums it seems to be indicated that there may be a preformance penalty for this, is that the case?

Is there a change in the syntax in the strict vs non-strict parser that has caused the issue mentioned in the parent post?

What are the pros and cons of the strict vs the non-strict parser?

Comment

Mappings are different between using the strict / non-strict parser. I never use the strict parser because mappings also change between message versions. The strict parser is also slower. The only reason to use the strict is if u need datatype validation in the HL7 message.
          Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Working...
          X