This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

createSegmentBefore, insertSegmentBefore, and insertSegmentAfter

UPDATE: I've created a public GitHub repository to track these example channels, code templates, scripts, or whatever else!

https://github.com/nextgenhealthcare/connect-examples

To start with I only added the ones I wrote, because I didn't want to presume and add code from others without their explicit permission. Pull requests welcome!
    This was suggested by someone in the IRC channel...

createSegmentBefore: Works similarly to createSegmentAfter; just creates a new segment with the given name and inserts it before the given segment.

insertSegmentBefore: Works like createSegmentBefore, except that you pass it the segment to insert, rather than having the function create a new segment.

insertSegmentAfter: Works like createSegmentAfter, except that you pass it the segment to insert, rather than having the function create a new segment.

Examples:

Create a new ORC segment before each OBR in the message and then modify it:

Code:
    for each (obr in msg.OBR) {
    	var orc = createSegmentBefore('ORC',obr);
    	orc['ORC.1']['ORC.1.1'] = '1';
    	// Etc.
    }
    Insert a pre-modified ORC segment before each OBR in the message:

Code:
    for each (obr in msg.OBR) {
    	var orc = <ORC/>;
    	orc['ORC.1']['ORC.1.1'] = '1';
    	// Etc.
    	insertSegmentBefore(orc,obr);
    }
    Insert a pre-modified PV1 segment after the PID segment:

Code:
    var pv1 = <PV1/>;
    pv1['PV1.1']['PV1.1.1'] = '1';
    // Etc.
    insertSegmentAfter(pv1,msg.PID);
    The code:

Code:
    function createSegmentBefore(insertSegmentName, beforeThisSegment) {
    	var msgObj = beforeThisSegment;
    	while (msgObj.parent() != undefined) {
    		msgObj = msgObj.parent();
    	}
    	msgObj.insertChildBefore(beforeThisSegment[0], new XML('<' + insertSegmentName + '></' + insertSegmentName + '>'));
    	return msgObj.child(beforeThisSegment[0].childIndex() - 1);
    }

function insertSegmentBefore(insertSegment, beforeThisSegment) {
    	var msgObj = beforeThisSegment;
    	}
    	msgObj.insertChildBefore(beforeThisSegment[0], insertSegment);
    	return msgObj.child(beforeThisSegment[0].childIndex() - 1);
    }

function insertSegmentAfter(insertSegment, afterThisSegment) {
    	var msgObj = afterThisSegment;
    	}
    	msgObj.insertChildAfter(afterThisSegment[0], insertSegment);
    	return msgObj.child(afterThisSegment[0].childIndex() + 1);
    }
    Attached Files
    Last edited by narupley; 06-08-2018, 10:35 AM.
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

Daily Scheduler

I've seen people ask for the ability to schedule a channel to only run on certain days of the week.

I've come up with a 2-part solution.

The first part:

In the deploy script of every channel you wish to schedule:
      Code:
      //This goes into the scheduled channels Deploy Script

//change the days you wish your channel to run into the next line using the first 2 letters of the each day separated by ~

var strSched = channelId + ',Mo~We~Fr';

var fname = channelId + '_sched.sch';

//in the line below you will need to change the 'folders/files/Channels/' to a folder reachable from your Mirth Server

FileUtil.write('/folders/files/Channels/' + fname, false, strSched);

//make sure the return; command is below this line!

return;
      This will write a text file with the extension .sch in the folder you specify.

That file will be used by the attached channel which is set to run just after midnight.

If you need to run the controller channel at other times, simply "Deploy Channel".
      Attached Files
      I can be reached through gmail and Google Talk using davidrothbauer at gmail dot com
      http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-rothbauer/5/923/518
      codeismydrug.wordpress.com
      hl7coders.wordpress.com

Test all my code suggestions prior to implementation

Comment

that's nice!

Comment

Keep it up

Man, I need to add some stuff, that's what I am talking about.. SHARING! Mirth and the WIKI LACK some serious hints/tips/help. If this gets buried in the WIKI could you please make sure the EXACT link is placed as the first item on on this thread so we dont spend days looking for it, it's nice having right here btw.
          Mike Caldwell
          Alliance HealthCare - GE VAR
          Rocklin, CA
          Centricity PM/EMR Support - Developer - Network Engineer

Comment

Replace in All Descendant XML Nodes

UPDATE: I've created a public GitHub repository to track these example channels, code templates, scripts, or whatever else!

To start with I only added the ones I wrote, because I didn't want to presume and add code from others without their explicit permission. Pull requests welcome!
            replaceAllInXML: Recursively iterates through all descendant nodes of an E4X XML object and makes a string replacement.

This is useful if you want to make a global replacement in your message but only want to do it for a specific connector. Obviously you can do this in a preprocessor, but if you only want it to happen for a single destination, this function will allow you do to that easily.

Parameters:
            • parent: The node to recursively iterate through.
            • regexp: The regular expression to test against at each leaf (text) node. This should be a RegExp object, like "new RegExp('foo','g')" or "/foo/g".
            • replacement: The string with which to replace.

Examples:
            • Replace all single quotes (') with two single quotes (''), e.g. to prepare for inserting into a database:
              Code:
              replaceAllInXML(msg,/'/g,"''");
            • If any dates occur in a PID or OBR segment that do not have the hour/minute/second defined (i.e. it's only yyyyMMdd, like "20130206"), then add on the HHmmss ("000000"). This might be used to send to a system that requires those date fields to be in the full yyyyMMddHHmmss format.
              Code:
              for each (seg in msg.*.(function(){return/PID|OBR/.test((new XML(this)).name())}()))
              	replaceAllInXML(seg,/(?:19|20)\d{2}(?:0[1-9]|1[0-2])(?:0[1-9]|[12]\d|3[01])(?!\d)/g,'$&000000');

The code:

Code:
            function replaceAllInXML(parent,regexp,replacement) {
            	for each (child in parent.children())
            		if (child.hasComplexContent())
            			replaceAllInXML(child,regexp,replacement);
            		else
            			parent.children()[child.childIndex()] = child.toString().replace(regexp,replacement);
            }
            Attached Files

Nicholas Rupley
            Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
            - You just bar.

Comment

Just letting you guys know that I've updated getSegmentsAfter so that a regular expression (RegExp object) can be passed in for segName, allowing you to return more than one type of segment at once (e.g. IN1/IN2/IN3, Z-Segments, etc.).

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
              - You just bar.

Comment

Strip Empty Nodes from XML

stripEmptyNodes: Recursively iterates through all descendant nodes of an E4X XML object and removes those that are empty (or those whose children are all empty).

Parameters:
                • node: The node to iterate through. If node itself is empty, it will not be removed from its parent.

Examples:
                • Get rid of all empty nodes in the inbound XML structure (msg):
                  Code:
                  stripEmptyNodes(msg);

The code:

Code:
                function stripEmptyNodes(node) {
                	var name = '', index = -1;
                	for each (child in node.children()) {
                		index = (name != child.name() ? 0 : index+1);
                		name = child.name();
                		stripEmptyNodes(child);
                		if (!child.toString())
                			delete node[child.name()][index];
                	}
                }
                Attached Files

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                - You just bar.

Comment

Pursuant to a recent thread asking for this, I've expanded the stripEmptyNodes function to do more cool stuff.

stripEmptyNodes: Recursively iterates through all descendant nodes of an E4X XML object and removes those that are empty (or those whose children are all empty).

Parameters:
                  • node: The node to iterate through. If node itself is empty, it will not be removed from its parent.
                  • stripWhitespaceNodes: If true, nodes that are not empty but only contain whitespace will also be removed.
                  • onlyDeleteTrailing: If true, only trailing nodes will actually be deleted. For example if a child set has five nodes at the end which are all empty, all five will be removed. However if the same five nodes are followed by a node which isn't empty, then those five nodes will not be removed. Instead, the nodes will simply have their inner text elements removed (if necessary).

Examples:
                  • Get rid of all empty nodes in the inbound XML structure (msg):
                    Code:
                    stripEmptyNodes(msg);
                  • Get rid of all blank (empty and whitespace-only) nodes in the inbound XML structure:
                    Code:
                    stripEmptyNodes(msg,true);
                  • Delete any trailing blank nodes, and replace any non-trailing whitespace-only nodes with empty nodes:
                    Code:
                    stripEmptyNodes(msg,true,true);

The code:

Code:
                  function stripEmptyNodes(node, stripWhitespaceNodes, onlyDeleteTrailing) {
                  	var nonEmptyFound = false;
                  	for (var childIndex = node.children().length()-1; childIndex >= 0; childIndex--) {
                  		var child = node.children()[childIndex];
                  		stripEmptyNodes(child,stripWhitespaceNodes,onlyDeleteTrailing);
                  		if (stripWhitespaceNodes && !child.toString().trim() || !stripWhitespaceNodes && !child.toString())
                  			if (!nonEmptyFound || !onlyDeleteTrailing)
                  				delete node.children()[childIndex];
                  			else
                  				node.children()[childIndex] = new XML('<'+child.name().toString()+'/>');
                  		else
                  			nonEmptyFound = true;
                  	}
                  }
                  Attached Files

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                  - You just bar.

Comment

Nick/Jake,

It seems like some of these functions would be universally useful. Have you guys considered adding them to the standard code templates for 3.x?

Comment

hi...here is some info for you

User Defined Java Class in Mirth

In this tutorial we are going to see how to use an Userdefined Java class in Mirth. In this example, i have created a java class named Utility under org.amar.mirth package. My java class contains two userdefined functions.

UpperCase – To convert a String to UpperCase String

ConvertDOB – To convert date of birth to specified format (Ex: 19910518 to 18 May 1991)

Utility.java

package org.amar.mirth;

public class Utility
                      {
                      //Convert String to Upper Case
                      public String UpperCase(String str)
                      {
                      return str.toUpperCase();
                      }

//Convert DOB
                      //Example: 19910518 to 18 May 1991
                      public String ConvertDOB(String str)
                      {
                      String[] months={“Jan”,”Feb”,”Mar”,”Apr”,”May”,”Jun”,”Jul”, ”Aug”,”Sep”,”Oct”,”Nov”,”Dec”};
                      String format;
                      int mon=Integer.parseInt(str.substring(4,6));
                      format=str.substring(6)+’ ‘+months[mon-1]+’ ‘+str.substring(0,4);
                      return format;
                      }
                      }

Create a jar file with the same class name(Utility.jar). Copy the Utility.jar file to $MIRTH_HOME/lib/ directory. Now restart the mirth server so that the jar file can be recognized as a valid file by mirth next time.

In the source transformer, create a new step with JavaScript type and use the userdefined functions wherever necessary.

//Import the package
                      var util = new Packages.org.amar.mirth.Utility();
                      //Message Modifications
                      msg['PID']['PID.5']['PID.5.2']=util.UpperCase(msg['PID']['PID.5']['PID.5.2'].toString());
                      msg['PID']['PID.7']['PID.7.1']=util.ConvertDOB(msg['PID']['PID.7']['PID.7.1'].toString());
                      msg['PID']['PID.5']['PID.5.1']=util.UpperCase(msg['PID']['PID.5']['PID.5.1'].toString());

The variable util is the object reference to the Utility Class. Using this object you can access the methods defined in that class. The above code converts the patient name to uppercase name,date of birth to userdefined format and replaces the old one.
                      Last edited by narupley; 09-30-2013, 06:35 AM.
                      signage

Comment

hi...here is some info for you

User Defined Java Class in Mirth

In this tutorial we are going to see how to use an Userdefined Java class in Mirth. In this example, i have created a java class named Utility under org.amar.mirth package. My java class contains two userdefined functions.

UpperCase – To convert a String to UpperCase String

ConvertDOB – To convert date of birth to specified format (Ex: 19910518 to 18 May 1991)

Utility.java

package org.amar.mirth;

public class Utility
                        {
                        //Convert String to Upper Case
                        public String UpperCase(String str)
                        {
                        return str.toUpperCase();
                        }

//Convert DOB
                        //Example: 19910518 to 18 May 1991
                        public String ConvertDOB(String str)
                        {
                        String[] months={“Jan”,”Feb”,”Mar”,”Apr”,”May”,”Jun”,”Jul”, ”Aug”,”Sep”,”Oct”,”Nov”,”Dec”};
                        String format;
                        int mon=Integer.parseInt(str.substring(4,6));
                        format=str.substring(6)+’ ‘+months[mon-1]+’ ‘+str.substring(0,4);
                        return format;
                        }
                        }

Create a jar file with the same class name(Utility.jar). Copy the Utility.jar file to $MIRTH_HOME/lib/ directory. Now restart the mirth server so that the jar file can be recognized as a valid file by mirth next time.

In the source transformer, create a new step with JavaScript type and use the userdefined functions wherever necessary.

//Import the package
                        var util = new Packages.org.amar.mirth.Utility();
                        //Message Modifications
                        msg['PID']['PID.5']['PID.5.2']=util.UpperCase(msg['PID']['PID.5']['PID.5.2'].toString());
                        msg['PID']['PID.7']['PID.7.1']=util.ConvertDOB(msg['PID']['PID.7']['PID.7.1'].toString());
                        msg['PID']['PID.5']['PID.5.1']=util.UpperCase(msg['PID']['PID.5']['PID.5.1'].toString());

The variable util is the object reference to the Utility Class. Using this object you can access the methods defined in that class. The above code converts the patient name to uppercase name,date of birth to userdefined format and replaces the old one.
                        Last edited by narupley; 09-30-2013, 06:35 AM.
                        signage

Comment

Convert Date from Multiple Formats/Sources

convertDate: Parses a date (String, Date, DateTime, or Number) into a string using an array of possible input patterns and the specified output pattern.

This is useful if you want to convert/standardize an incoming date, but you don't know how it will be formatted. The code comes with an array of possible patterns, and if there is a pattern you encounter that isn't handled, you can simply add it to the list.

Parameters:
                          • date: The object to convert. The object may be a String, Date, DateTime, or Number (or really any object, as long as its string representation is some formatted date).
                          • outpattern: The pattern to use when converting the date to the output string.

Example:
                          • Standardize the message date/time to a specific pattern, no matter what pattern it comes in as:
                            Code:
                            msg['MSH']['MSH.7']['MSH.7.1'] = convertDate(msg['MSH']['MSH.7']['MSH.7.1'].toString(), 'yyyyMMddHHmmss');

The Code:

Code:
                          var patterns = [
                          	'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss:SSS',
                          	'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS',
                          	'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss',
                          	'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm',
                          	'EEE MMM dd HH:mm:ss:SSS zzz yyyy',
                          	'EEE MMM dd HH:mm:ss.SSS zzz yyyy',
                          	'EEE MMM dd HH:mm:ss zzz yyyy',
                          	'EEE MMM dd zzz yyyy',
                          	'dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss:SSS',
                          	'dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss.SSS',
                          	'dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss',
                          	'yyyy-MM-dd',
                          	'yyyy MM dd',
                          	'yyyy.MM.dd',
                          	'MM-dd-yyyy',
                          	'MM dd yyyy',
                          	'MM.dd.yyyy',
                          	'HH:mm:ss:SSS',
                          	'HH:mm:ss.SSS',
                          	'HH:mm:ss',
                          	'yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS',
                          	'yyyyMMddHHmmss',
                          	'yyyyMMddHHmm',
                          	'hh:mm aa'];

var formatters = [];
                          for each (pattern in patterns) {
                          	formatters.push(org.joda.time.format.DateTimeFormat.forPattern(pattern));
                          }

function convertDate(date, outpattern) {
                          	var instant = 0;
                          	if (typeof date == 'number' || date instanceof java.lang.Number)
                          		instant = new Number(date);
                          	else if (date instanceof Date || date instanceof java.util.Date)
                          		instant = date.getTime();
                          	else if (date instanceof org.joda.time.ReadableInstant)
                          		instant = date.getMillis();
                          	else {
                          		for each (formatter in formatters) {
                          			try {
                          				instant = formatter.parseMillis(new String(date));
                          				break;
                          			} catch(e) {}
                          		}
                          	}

return org.joda.time.format.DateTimeFormat.forPattern(outpattern).print(instant);
                          }
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by narupley; 06-08-2018, 10:36 AM.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                          - You just bar.

Comment

javascript escape for sql, mysql

In some of my channels, I need to use javascript to apply changes to a MySQL database. The problem is that data needs to be esacaped. I have used the below functions which have saved me time.

Code:
                            function mq_escape(s) {
                                if (s==null) return null;
                            	var str = s.toString() + "";
                                return str.replace(/[\0\x08\x09\x1a\n\r"'\\\%]/g, function (char) {
                                    switch (char) {
                                        case "\0":
                                            return "\\0";
                                        case "\x08":
                                            return "\\b";
                                        case "\x09":
                                            return "\\t";
                                        case "\x1a":
                                            return "\\z";
                                        case "\n":
                                            return "\\n";
                                        case "\r":
                                            return "\\r";
                                        case "\"":
                                        case "'":
                                        case "\\":
                                        case "%":
                                            return "\\"+char; // prepends a backslash to backslash, percent,
                                                              // and double/single quotes
                                    }
                                });
                            }

function escaper(match, p) {
                             // match is the whole string, p is the first parenthesized text
                             // in this case, p is the text between the % signs.
                             if ($(p)=="" || $(p)=="null" || $(p)==null) return "null";
                             else return "'" + mq_escape($(p)) + "'"; 
                            }

function mq(db, sql) {
                            sql = sql.replace(/%([^%]+)%/g, escaper);
                            db.executeUpdate(sql); 
                            }
                            Which then allows you to do something like this:

Code:
                            var dbConn = DatabaseConnectionFactory.createDatabaseConnection('com.mysql.jdbc.Driver','jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/documenter','hl7user','zzzzzzz');

mq(dbConn, "UPDATE documenter.tblmaster " + 
                            "SET FirstName = %pt_firstname%, " + 
                            "LastName = %pt_lastname%, " + 
                            "MRN = %pt_MRN%, " +
                            "ChiefComplaint = %visit_reason%, " + 
                            "MD = %PV1_md_id%, PMD = %PD1_pmd_id%, DOB = %pt_DOB%, " + 
                            "Sex = %pt_Sex%, " + 
                            "Weight = COALESCE(Weight, %weightKg%) " + 
                            "WHERE account = %pt_account%");

Comment

Automatically overwrite the log4j categories used in user scripts

overwriteCategories: Overwrites the categories of Logger objects placed in JavaScript contexts.

When you call "logger.info('something');" in a user-defined script, you'll see something like this in the server log:

Code:
                              [2014-01-23 08:36:32,862]  INFO  (transformer:?): something
                              In a recent thread, someone was asking whether it's possible to change the category ("transformer") that shows up to something custom, without having to edit log4j.properties and restart the server. The answer is yes, it's definitely possible, and this code template can do that for you.

All you have to do is import the code template, redeploy your channels, and it'll start working, except for transformer scripts. Because of how we handle the filter/transformer, in order to get this to work in a transformer script you'll just have to add this line at the top of the first step in your transformer:

Code:
                              overwriteCategories();
                              Note that the above is only necessary for the regular transformer, not for response transformers, filters, deploy/shutdown/preprocessor/postprocessor scripts, Database/JavaScript connectors, or attachment/batch scripts.

The Code:

Code:
                              /* 
                               * NOTE: This will work automatically for all contexts except for
                               * the transformer. For transformers, you will need to manually
                               * include "overwriteCategories();" at the beginning of your first step.
                               */

function overwriteCategories() {
                              	logger = org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger({
                              		'transformer':		'custom-transformer',
                              		'preprocessor':		'custom-preprocessor',
                              		'postprocessor':	'custom-postprocessor',
                              		'deploy':		'custom-deploy',
                              		'shutdown':		'custom-shutdown',
                              		'filter':		'custom-filter',
                              		'db-connector':		'custom-db-connector',
                              		'js-connector':		'custom-js-connector',
                              		'attachment':		'custom-attachment',
                              		'batch':		'custom-batch',
                              		'response':		'custom-response'
                              	}[logger.getName()]);
                              	logger.setLevel(org.apache.log4j.Level.DEBUG);
                              }

overwriteCategories();
                              Obviously, you will want to switch out the "custom-*" strings for your own custom categories.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by narupley; 06-08-2018, 10:36 AM.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                              - You just bar.

Comment

Version 3.0.3 of Mirth Connect. Function to Stop a channel if it reaches a particular error count. Also sends an alert message via another channel. Big Nod to Mirth Support for helping me figure out how to do this in version 3.0.3.

Code In Postprocessor of Scripts tab of Channel:

// will stop the current channel when errorcount greater than 10.

var numOfErrors = ChannelUtil.getErrorCount(channelId);

if(numOfErrors > 10)
                                {
                                ChannelUtil.stopChannel(channelId);
                                var channelName = ChannelUtil.getDeployedChannelName(channelId);
                                alert = 'channel ' + channelName + ' has been stopped with >10 errors';
                                router.routeMessage('email_Alerts', alert);
                                }
                                return;
                                cmc

Comment

Working...
                                X