Join the Mirth IRC Channel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join the Mirth IRC Channel!

It's a great place to get some real-time help, tips, and tricks for Mirth! (How do you get Mirth to handle repeating segments again?!?) Or for ranting about people who don't consider JavaScript a real language, the latest XKCD comic, how much working with EMR system X sucks, etc.....

Here's the info (copied from here):

Server – Freenode
    Channel – #mirth
    Linkirc://irc.freenode.net/mirth

I'll also selfishly self-nominate myself for sticky status.... for the good of the channel!

EDIT: You can also connect via Freenode webchat (thanks MPrecup)! http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=Mirth
    Last edited by narupley; 08-27-2013, 07:54 AM.
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Ditto!

I'm a fellow #Mirth lurker, and Mirth newb - I just remarked today how helpful and knowledgable those in the channel are. The biggest issue is there's not many people to help, and all my questions have been answered already!

The ambient geekery is great as well.

/me waits for more people to join

Comment

Originally posted by Echinos View Post
      I'm a fellow #Mirth lurker, and Mirth newb - I just remarked today how helpful and knowledgable those in the channel are. The biggest issue is there's not many people to help, and all my questions have been answered already!

The ambient geekery is great as well.

/me waits for more people to join
      I've been out of it for a few days, but I'm back now! I'll go ahead and sticky this thread for awhile.
      Jacob Brauer
      Director, Software Development
      NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

hahaahaaa*-*-*-*-
        Test king
        Material comptia/220-702

Training cisco/640-461
        Exams ibm/000-780

Comment

What do I need to download to make this run?

Comment

You'll just need an IRC client like mIRC, XChat, etc. From there the default installation should associate IRC links with the application, otherwise you can manually join the Freenode server and then join the Mirth channel.

Nicholas Rupley
            Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
            - You just bar.

Comment

Just as an aside, a lot of people are AFK on the IRC channel, especially after work and on the weekends. But we still read the messages once we come into work the next morning. So instead of asking "is anyone there", it's usually best to just ask a question (even if no one is there at the moment) and stay in the channel until someone answers it. If it's nighttime for those of us in the USA time zones, it might take until next morning for someone to answer, but it always eventually gets answered! However, if the original inquirer is no longer in the channel by the time someone can answer, then obviously it's all for naught. Cheers!

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
              - You just bar.

Comment

Since I didn't see this listed anywhere, I'd just like to point out that you don't need an IRC client to connect. You can connect via freenode's webchat at the following address:

http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=Mirth

Comment

Is This valid till today, because i have joined the channel but no one reply any query.

Comment

Originally posted by Himanshusinghal View Post
                    Is This valid till today, because i have joined the channel but no one reply any query.
                    Yes it's still valid. Note though that while many people lurk in the channel, there's not always someone around to respond immediately to any questions. However, when you have a question you should just ask it and then wait in the channel. Someone will eventually come back and answer it. We're on PDT (GMT-7), so take that into account if you're coming from a different time zone.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                    - You just bar.

Comment

yup, I`m in #mirth also, no replies received ...

Comment

I'll reiterate the same thing then. With any support IRC channel, you should ask your question (don't "ask to ask", just ask) and then lurk in the channel until someone answers (and it no one does feel free to ask again). Note that the users come from a wide variety of time zones.

Also, we have created a public Slack group: http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/f...d.php?t=216581

It's more convenient than IRC because you don't have to stay in the channel. You can leave and come back, and still be able to view historical messages. For that alone I'd recommend joining and asking there.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
                        - You just bar.

Comment

Working...
                        X