Announcement

Collapse

NextGen (Mirth) Connect 3.10.0 Released!

NextGen (Mirth) Connect 3.10.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes better SQL Server database support, security improvements through fixes and library updates, and improvements for the Advanced Clustering plugin with a focus on improving performance of many of the tasks that are carried out on a frequent interval. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

"Keep Connection Open" does not seem to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Keep Connection Open" does not seem to work

Hey guys

I've been banging my head on this desk for a number of days now wondering why my Gateway Server here is not connecting to my Mirth set up and it seems like the "keep connection open" option does not work properly, or (hopefully) I have something configured wrong. The Gateway Server is setup as Server/Client and sends out A19 queries which I look up in a database using mirth and send back a ADR^A19. Well when I bring up the Gateway, the Gateway makes a connection to my Listening Source in Mirth but the destination connection does not connect to the Gateway. I then force a random message out of the destination connection and all the sudden the Gateway starts sending me H7L data...but after a couple of sends, Mirth disconnects (I guess I could send out a jump start message every couple of secs but I don't like that). The Gateway sends proper ACKs so its not that. When I use the evil Chameleon Lister/Simulator on the Gateway it works fine. I'm going to attach my 2 channels....please let me know if you need any additional info.

By the way...You guys have a incredible product!! keep up the good work.

Thanks! MirthChannels.zip (4712 bytes)

Re:"Keep Connection Open" does not seem to work

When trying to make Mirth 1.5 LLP channel (with ACK) receive all messages from GE Centricity/MIK host, we figured out that following settings helped to make it work. One important change was to enter a very high value for "Keep Connection Open".

Summary Tab: Strip namespace from messages [Checked]
    Source Tab:
    Receive Timeout (ms): 5000000
    Keep Connection Open: Yes
    Use Strict LLP Validation: No
    Wait for End of Message Char: Yes

Hope this helps!

Sorry, I'm unable to check the file-attachment from the terminal I'm currently using.

Comment

Re:"Keep Connection Open" does not seem

Thanks nshaik, but that did not work. I saw your post earlier and had tried it already. Thanks for taking the time and replying though.

Post edited by: hsingh00, at: 06/08/2007 06:40

Comment

UPDATE:

I created a Fake Patient and send out a "fake" HL7 message every 5 secs so I can get my messages from the Gateway. Even when I do this, the connection still lost every couple of messages. I don't like to do it this way but for now it works. Now I just have to load test it. Please let me know if you guys find a better solution.

Thanks

Comment

ANOTHER UPDATE:

I implemented the same thing using a Client Connection today rather than a Client/Server Connection. A client only connection also disconnects after every HL7 received.

Comment

MIRTH-401

Comment

Set your timeout to 0, it will not timeout now.
              Chris Lang

Comment

Chris

I just tried that and it did not work. Right now my setup is a LLP listener for QRY^A19 messages and I reply back with a custom ACK that is a ADR^A19. Basically what I do is I take the PatientID from the QRD segment from the QRY message, search for that PatientID in my Database, and either return a ADR message or "Patient Not Found". After a match is made and I send the ADR message, I receive a ACK from the Gateway and the client disconnects from the Server. After 10 sec the reconnection is reestablished but thats because of the Gateway. The way I keep the connection open is that I send a "ACK Received" message after I receive the ACK. So for every inbound connection I must have a outbound something (even if its crap data) to keep the connection stable and connected.

Please let me know if you'd like for me to try anything else.

Thanks

Comment

I looked at your channel, and I am wondering what you are trying to accomplish by putting your response in the globalMap?
                  Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

brendanh

Sorry I'm not using that set up anymore. I'm posting my current channel up now.

Thanks

ADTServer2Gateway.xml (10286 bytes)

Comment

Ok, that makes much more sense. Impessive channel!
                      Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Thank you , you guys have a lot of good info and support on this site (2 weeks ago I didn't know anything about javascript or SQL).

Hopefully I'll get my company to make the change. This is the only problem that I've ran into so far, but this jury rig is working fine for now.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X