Announcement

Collapse

NextGen (Mirth) Connect 3.10.0 Released!

NextGen (Mirth) Connect 3.10.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes better SQL Server database support, security improvements through fixes and library updates, and improvements for the Advanced Clustering plugin with a focus on improving performance of many of the tasks that are carried out on a frequent interval. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Files are replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files are replaced

Hi,
    How should I make the created HL7 from a database reader stay in my directory?
    It keeps on replacing the files i have. I only noticed today. I make sure that "append to file" is set on a "No". How should I do this? I alredy tried using ${COUNT} as filename but it created 1.file and 2.file and back and forth..
    !Please help! This is urgent.. thank u!
    Tonet

Re:Files are replaced

Use ${UUID}

Can you report the ${COUNT} issue to the JIRA? www.mirthproject.org/jira

Thanks!
    Chris Lang

Comment

Alright, i'll add the issue once I arrived at the office. The truth is I want to produce a filename like ADT_ao1.a01. But I can't make use of the refernce variables. i end up having result.file. Do you have any idea if this is possible given the fact that i 'm using Oracle reader to File Writer here?
      THANK you!!!
      Tonet

Comment

I cannot replicate this behavior. Can you please explain to me in more detail what you were doing? I wrote two channels that both wrote to a file called ${COUNT}.txt (each channel had a separate counter), and the counts continued incrementing until I redeployed my channels, which is the desired functionality.
        Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

I'm sorry to bother you all. It just happened to me that once I have created a filename like this $(message type)-$(Count) and my output gave me result-1.file and the next one is result-2.file. As the channel receives more messages, it keeps on replacing the content of result-1.file and result-2.file. I assume Mirth doesn't produce another file which it must suposedly do.

Don't worry but I reinstall Mirth 1.4 on my machine and everything now works fine. Thank you!

Post edited by: shifting_18, at: 05/29/2007 18:02
          Tonet

Comment

No problem, you probably redeployed your channels which would have started your count back at 1.
            Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Do you mean that when I redeploy my channel, it will always return the count to one?
              Tonet

Comment

Yes, when you redeploy, the counter is reset. The counter is only "alive" during the current instance.
                Chris Lang

Comment

Oh i see.. Thanks! That's why it keeps on replacing because it has the same file name. Thanks for making this clear!
                  Tonet

Comment

Working...
                  X