Announcement

Collapse

NextGen (Mirth) Connect 3.10.0 Released!

NextGen (Mirth) Connect 3.10.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes better SQL Server database support, security improvements through fixes and library updates, and improvements for the Advanced Clustering plugin with a focus on improving performance of many of the tasks that are carried out on a frequent interval. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Cannot read the oracle database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot read the oracle database

hi guys!
    Finally, I've started my channel which reads from an Oracle DBase to a File Writer.BUt no matter what query I type, nothing seems to work. The hard part is I have no clue if there's something wrong on my sql at least.
    Please..help! I really need your support on this! THanks for any response!! :side:
    Tonet

Oracle 10g Database Reader is not working!

I have the same problem, channel was succesfully deployed and it is polling as if there was nothing wrong but when a new row comes to the Oracle Database Reader does not read it! just keeps polling but nothing happens.

There is nothing wrong with the SQL query sentence ( Actually I tested it on SQLPlus console and there was not any trouble), Mirth.log does not report any warning or error.

Oracle version is 10g and Mirth's 2.0.1.5164 (Windows Platform), I tested the JDBC THIN driver (OJDBC6.JAR) and ODBC Bridged to Oracle driver (Not the Microsoft's one) and happens the same.

Is there any special consideration to read an Oracle database from Mirth? There is not any warning or error reported by Mirth, channel is succesfully deployed with no errors, but is not reading the table

Comment

Hi,

I can confirm that the DB Reader in Mirth Connect 2.0.1 (and earlier) works fine on Windows and against Oracle 9 and 10.

If you don't get any errors, please verify that the session that writes the data does a COMMIT ... otherwise other database sessions won't see it ...

Best Regards

Nico
      Nico Vannieuwenhuyze

Amaron.be

Comment

Im running on Oracle 9 and 10, and works fine, a channel which reads xml from DB with database reader, and write a file with hl7 v.2.3 ascii with file writer.

From database reader SQL input field example:
        SELECT MESSAGE , ID FROM messagetable where completed = 0

from database reader On-Update SQL field example:
        UPDATE messagetable set completed = 1 where ID = ${ID}

Where are your problems ┬┐performing database reader or file writer?

Note in SQLPlus you could write plsql code block directly, but plsql is not standard ansi sql, but Oracle language.

Comment

My select clause reads:
          SELECT PATIENTS.FIRST_NAME AS PATIENTS_FIRST_NAME, PATIENTS.LAST_NAME AS PATIENTS_LAST_NAME, PATIENTS.DOB AS PATIENTS_DOB, PATIENTS.GENDER AS PATIENTS_GENDER, PATIENTS.HOME_PHONE AS PATIENTS_HOME_PHONE, PATIENTS.PATIENT_ID AS PATIENTS_PATIENT_ID, PATIENTS.STATUS AS PATIENTS_STATUS
          FROM PATIENTS WHERE STATUS = 0;

I'm getting the following error:
          [2011-05-30 21:57:17,203] FATAL (org.mule.impl.DefaultComponentExceptionStrategy:8 4): The error is: ORA-00911: invalid character
          Query: SELECT PATIENTS.FIRST_NAME AS PATIENTS_FIRST_NAME, PATIENTS.LAST_NAME AS PATIENTS_LAST_NAME, PATIENTS.DOB AS PATIENTS_DOB, PATIENTS.GENDER AS PATIENTS_GENDER, PATIENTS.HOME_PHONE AS PATIENTS_HOME_PHONE, PATIENTS.PATIENT_ID AS PATIENTS_PATIENT_ID, PATIENTS.STATUS AS PATIENTS_STATUS
          FROM PATIENTS WHERE STATUS = 0; Parameters: []
          java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00911: invalid character Query: SELECT PATIENTS.FIRST_NAME AS PATIENTS_FIRST_NAME, PATIENTS.LAST_NAME AS PATIENTS_LAST_NAME, PATIENTS.DOB AS PATIENTS_DOB, PATIENTS.GENDER AS PATIENTS_GENDER, PATIENTS.HOME_PHONE AS PATIENTS_HOME_PHONE, PATIENTS.PATIENT_ID AS PATIENTS_PATIENT_ID, PATIENTS.STATUS AS PATIENTS_STATUSFROM PATIENTS WHERE STATUS = 0; Parameters: []
          at org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.rethrow(Que ryRunner.java:542)
          at org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.query(Query Runner.java:399)
          at com.mirth.connect.connectors.jdbc.JdbcMessageRecei ver.getMessages(JdbcMessageReceiver.java:266)
          at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceive r.poll(TransactedPollingMessageReceiver.java:108)
          at org.mule.providers.PollingMessageReceiver.run(Poll ingMessageReceiver.java:97)
          at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext .java:290)
          at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 1061)
          at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java :575)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
          Last edited by chandramohan_s; 05-30-2011, 09:31 AM. Reason: Adding more info

Comment

In my case ; was the culprit, I removed the ; from the query and it works fine!

Comment

Working...
            X