Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to preprocess an HL7 message?

Hi,

I am receiving an HL7 message on a port using Mirth. I want to extract some of its fields and write to a flat-file.

Now my problem is, I want to split one of its fields into two parts, say on space. E.g. if there is a field called attending doctor name with contents as 'last_name first_name'. I want to split it on the space and write to the output file as two fields separated by comma. I guess I can achieve it using preprocessor script. But I don't know how to use it. I guess I can do this using Java also? How?

Can someone please guide me in this?

Thanks.

Hi,
    create Transformer for receiving channel "Channel Task>Edit Transformer>Add New Step"
    Change type of new step to JavaScript

Add this code
    Code:
    var splited = msg['PV1']['PV1.7']['PV1.7.1'].toString().split(" ");

tmp['PV1']['PV1.7']['PV1.7.1']=splited[0]+","+splited[1];

//for testing only:
    logger.error(msg['PV1']['PV1.7']['PV1.7.1'].toString());
    logger.error(tmp['PV1']['PV1.7']['PV1.7.1'].toString());
    logger.error(splited[0]);
    logger.error(splited[1]);
    Best regards,
    Marcin
    Last edited by martzin; 05-28-2011, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Hi,

That's cool with HL7v2.x messages, but, do you know how can I do the same operation on a HL7v3 or XML message?

Thanks,
      Pablo.

Comment

Thanks a lot Marcin for your reply. I have few more doubts.

Once I split a field in 2 parts, how do I return the new values? I mean, I did what you said in your previous answer. But I cannot see that particular variable under the 'Available Variables' list. And due to this, I am not able to map that to my 'Template' under the Destination tab. How do I do that?

Thanks.

Comment

I just figured it out. Just add channelMap.put("providerName", splited[0]+","+splited[1]);

Comment

Working...
          X