Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Source Connector Inbound, Source Conn. Outbound & Destination 1 Outbound means?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Source Connector Inbound, Source Conn. Outbound & Destination 1 Outbound means?

Hi,

In the Mirth, when I create a new channel, under the summary tab, I see an option of 'Data Types'. When I click on that, in the new window, I see two sections: 'Source Connector' and 'Destination Connectors'. Under the 'Source Connector', I see 'Source Connector Inbound' and 'Source Connector Outbound' and under 'Destination Connectors' I see 'Destination 1 Outbound'. What these 3 fields mean?

I am trying to receive a tab delimited file on a port and write some its fields to a .txt file on my disk. What should I set in each of these 3 fields to achieve this? I am not able to find any documentation explaining these 3 options either.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Check the attached sample channel. I set each of the types to delimited and set the properties to indicate that the data is tab delimited (\t).

This seems to work if I send a message that is tab delimited. I have at transformer on the destination that extracts the first column value.

It may help you get started ...

Thanks,
    Frans
    Attached Files
    Frans de Wet
    Uber Operations LLC

Phone: (850) 445-7696

Comment

@fransdw

Thanks for your testchannel. But it does not give an answer to the question.
      I to am very curious on how to use these options.

e.g. when Source Connector inbound is set to HL7V2.x and Source Connector Outbound to EDI will it be "magically" transformed ?
      Stefan

Mirth Certified|Epic Bridges Certified|Cloverleaf Level 2 Certified

Comment

No magic transformation will happen ... at least not in my experience ... with any of the format types. It is the job of the transformer to convert from one format to another. This just specifies what the data format and format settings will be before and after each of the transformers.

source ib format -> transformer -> source ob format

for each destination:
        source ib-> transformer -> destination ob format

Thanks,
        Frans
        Frans de Wet
        Uber Operations LLC

Phone: (850) 445-7696

Comment

Working...
        X