Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection reset by peer: socket write error Query:

hi all:
    I am facing a problem in two diferent mirths installed in different environments. Sometimes, I have not found a pattern, I have an error message in one of the channels that have a Database Reader source . I'm using MIRTH 1.8.2 and database SqlServer.
    The error is:

Connection reset by peer: socket write error Query:

As I said at the beggining, this is happening in two completely different environments in two centers in diffents phisic location. In fact, the channels are completely different and both are giving the same error. The net connections are correct and we don't have any issues with another applications that are connecting to the same database. We have made lots of tests and we are a little lost.
    The situation is complicated, overall, with one of the channels that is executed one time a day at 6:30am. If this execution fails, we have a important problem with an application, and the las two weeks has happened, unless two times.
    I know it seems a connection problem, but I don't know what more things I can look at.
    Has anyone had this problem?? Do you know what can I do to have more information of this on the Mirth way?

Does anyone have an idea about this?

Comment

I am having the exact same problem. I am going to try and add logintimeout and sockettimeout to my connection string and see if it helps.

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://serverort/db;instance=name;ssl=request;loginTimeout=30;socke tTimeout=180
      Last edited by ISpdxdc; 09-26-2011, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Hi ISpdxdc, I hope you can tell me this finally will help.

thanks a lot.

Comment

It fixed my issue. Haven't had a hiccup since.

Comment

Thanks a lot, I'll try it too

Comment

Well, I have made a lot of changes on my instalation and I am facing the same problem.
              I changed my environment to the 2.1 Mirth version and I added the line ISpdxdc wrote on my sql conections and I am still having problems with this.

I'm a little lost on this and I don't know how to solve it.

Comment

This sounds like its a problem between Mirth and the receiving system.

The only thing you can do is set a long ACK timeout.

Have you turned on Persistant Queuing? That will hold your messages and try resending them if you run into a problem. (I always turn on rotate messages in queue also).
                I can be reached through gmail and Google Talk using davidrothbauer at gmail dot com
                http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-rothbauer/5/923/518
                codeismydrug.wordpress.com
                hl7coders.wordpress.com

Test all my code suggestions prior to implementation

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply, the problem is that this error is given when the database source query is sent, not in the destinations.
                  Some of the channels are executed once a day and if they fail they are not excuted again.

Comment

Is there any kind of configuration of the database number of conections? I think something is closing database connections, better said, is not allowing to open new ones.

I have this problem with two different servers that are connecting to different databases.

I write here the complete trace:

java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset Query: select rtrim(username) as usuario
                    from table
                    where enabled=1
                    and realname ='' Parameters: []
                    at org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.rethrow(Que ryRunner.java:542)
                    at org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.query(Query Runner.java:399)
                    at com.mirth.connect.connectors.jdbc.JdbcMessageRecei ver.getMessages(JdbcMessageReceiver.java:266)
                    at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceive r$1.doInTransaction(TransactedPollingMessageReceiv er.java:91)
                    at org.mule.transaction.TransactionTemplate.execute(T ransactionTemplate.java:72)
                    at org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceive r.poll(TransactedPollingMessageReceiver.java:104)
                    at org.mule.providers.PollingMessageReceiver.run(Poll ingMessageReceiver.java:97)
                    at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext .java:290)
                    at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 1061)
                    at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Thr eadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java :575)
                    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
                    Last edited by Dagan; 11-28-2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

I am no expert, but here is a thought. Do you close your db connection after the query? If so, maybe you could leave it open (you'll have to change code to see if the connection is already open before reopening and querying). Just a thought.

Comment

Thanks for your thought... but the connection is openned by Mirth and I have no control on it .

Comment

I did a quick google check and everything I see points to either a paramater problem in your connection string, or that there's a setting on the server that needs to be checked.

If you try searching google with your specific db and setup you might find a more concise answer.
                          I can be reached through gmail and Google Talk using davidrothbauer at gmail dot com
                          http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-rothbauer/5/923/518
                          codeismydrug.wordpress.com
                          hl7coders.wordpress.com

Test all my code suggestions prior to implementation

Comment

I have been doing exactly this morning and I found this:

http://sumitpal.wordpress.com/2010/0...nection-reset/

Some of the things, this man is speaking about, are happening in our environment. So we have been testing the different solutions. We took out a second network card from the server (Virtual machine) that was not connected. Surprisely in the same moment we disconected the network card, all the channels gave the error ... so this seems to be good... or not .
                            Once we made this change, no channel has the I/O exception.

So we are waiting untill the night to see if this is a solution or not...

Comment

Five minutes ago I had the error in 4 of my channels...

Comment

Working...
                              X