MuleManager error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MuleManager error

I am a newbie & trying to install & test Mirth 1.1 on a Suse SLES 10.

Any time I deploy a channel (even one of the test ones in the File Repository) I always get the follwing error:
    MuleManager Failed to initialise (org.mule.config.ConfigurationException)
    {}

Appreciate any help in resolving this!

Re: MuleManager error

Can you email me the mule-config.xml from your conf directory. ([email protected]).

Thanks!
    -Chris
    Chris Lang

Comment

Thanks Chris,
      I was able to run Mirth fine on a Windows 2003 Server. I am not getting the MuleManager error any more.

On a different note, can any one suggest any LLP listener/sender tool that I can use to test the LLP communications with Mirth?

Bikash

Comment

You can try

i. HL7 Comm

http://nule.org/wp/?page_id=63

ii. EasyHL7 listener

http://www.hermetechnz.com/

-Badrul

Comment

Could you post the resolution for the MuleManager exception? I've tried to use the LLP to File Writer channel. It was fine when I just tried to have it dump the HL7 to a text or XML file. I went ahead and tried to add a MySql destination that simply stores (or tries to store) one field in the database as a test. Now when I try to deploy it I get the

MuleManager Failed to initialise (org.mule.config.ConfigurationException)
          {}

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

If you send me your channels (or post them here) I can diagnose the problem. The mulemanager exception is usually caused by a malformed database URL or SQL statement.

-Chris
            Chris Lang

Comment

Thanks Chris. That was the problem. I didn't realize that could be the cause. It was a typo in the url.

Comment

I get the same error upon startup even though it says that it starts up successfully:

INFO 2007-01-03 09:03:02,665 [Thread-0] com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth: starting mirth server...
                WARN 2007-01-03 09:03:09,853 [Thread-0] com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth: Error deploying channels.
                org.mule.config.ConfigurationException: MuleManager Failed to initialise (org.mule.config.ConfigurationException)
                at org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlConfigurationBuild er.configure(MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:196)
                at com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth.startMule(Mirth.ja va:164)
                at com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth.run(Mirth.java:98)
                Caused by: org.mule.config.ConfigurationException: MuleManager Failed to initialise
                at org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlConfigurationBuild er.configure(MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:209)
                at org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlConfigurationBuild er.configure(MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:194)
                ... 2 more
                Caused by: org.mule.management.agents.JmxManagementException: Failed to start Jmx Connector
                at org.mule.management.agents.JmxAgent.start(JmxAgent .java:188)
                at org.mule.MuleManager.startAgents(MuleManager.java: 1082)
                at org.mule.MuleManager.start(MuleManager.java:729)
                at org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlConfigurationBuild er.configure(MuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:207)
                ... 3 more
                Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot bind to URL [rmi://localhost:1099/server]: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
                java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
                at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectorServer.new IOException(RMIConnectorServer.java:814)
                at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectorServer.sta rt(RMIConnectorServer.java:431)
                at org.mule.management.agents.JmxAgent.start(JmxAgent .java:186)
                ... 6 more
                Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
                java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
                at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.rebind(R egistryContext.java:138)
                at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.GenericURLContext.rebind( GenericURLContext.java:231)
                at javax.naming.InitialContext.rebind(InitialContext. java:367)
                at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectorServer.bin d(RMIConnectorServer.java:633)
                at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectorServer.sta rt(RMIConnectorServer.java:427)
                ... 7 more
                Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
                java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
                at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEnd point.java:574)
                at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection( TCPChannel.java:185)
                at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCP Channel.java:171)
                at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java: 306)
                at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.rebind(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.rebind(R egistryContext.java:136)
                ... 11 more
                Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
                at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
                at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl .java:333)
                at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSoc ketImpl.java:195)
                at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.j ava:182)
                at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.j ava:366)
                at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:507)
                at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:457)
                at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:365)
                at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:178)
                at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.cre ateSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
                at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.cre ateSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
                at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEnd point.java:569)
                ... 16 more

I also got this error when I started Mirth the first time "Successfully"

Thanks!

Comment

This is due to another application using port 1099. To change Mirth&#039;s default ports, check this out: http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...4&id=confmirth

-Chris
                  Chris Lang

Comment

Originally posted by chrisl
                    This is due to another application using port 1099. To change Mirth&#039;s default ports, check this out: http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...4&id=confmirth

-Chris
                    Thanks Chris!

FYI, I changed the ports for the JMX in both the "mule-boot.conf" & "mule-config.xml" Will this be a problem later on in deploying channels?

Also, in the "Port Configurations" wiki&#039;s sample, it shows

<agent name="RMI" className="org.mule.management.agents.RmiRegistryA gent" >
                    <properties>
                    <property name="serverUri" value="rmi://localhost:1099" />
                    </properties>
                    </agent>

However, in my mule-boot.conf file, the agent RMI was an empty element. Is that acceptable, or is it an error?

Again, Thank you!

Comment

Changing the RMI ports should not cause a problem, however your agent RMI should not be empty. Can you paste the contents of your file?

Thanks!
                      -Chris
                      Chris Lang

Comment

I have already added the properties elements, etc. for the RMI agent to the file.

But what is was before was:
                        <agent name="RMI" className="org.mule.management.agents.RmiRegistryA gent" />

Here are the contents of the mule-boot.xml file anyway:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<mule-configuration id="MirthConfiguration" version="1.0">

<mule-environment-properties embedded="true" recoverable="true">
                        <queue-profile persistent="true" maxOutstandingMessages="100000"/>
                        <persistence-strategy className="org.mule.util.queue.FilePersistenceStra tegy"/>
                        </mule-environment-properties>

<agents>
                        <agent name="RMI" className="org.mule.management.agents.RmiRegistryA gent">
                        <properties>
                        <property name="serverUri" value="rmi://localhost:5921" />
                        </properties>
                        </agent>
                        <agent name="JMX" className="org.mule.management.agents.JmxAgent">
                        <properties>
                        <property name="connectorServerUrl"
                        value="service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:5921/server" />

<map name="connectorServerProperties">
                        <property name="jmx.remote.jndi.rebind" value="true" />
                        </map>
                        </properties>
                        </agent>
                        </agents>

<transformers>
                        <transformer name="ByteArrayToString" className="org.mule.transformers.simple.ByteArrayT oString" />
                        <transformer name="JMSMessageToObject" className="org.mule.providers.jms.transformers.JMS MessageToObject" returnClass="java.lang.String" />
                        <transformer name="MessageObjectToJMSMessage" className="org.mule.providers.jms.transformers.Mes sageObjectToJMSMessage" />
                        <transformer name="StringToByteArray" className="org.mule.transformers.simple.StringToBy teArray" />
                        <transformer name="HL7ToMessageObject" className="com.webreach.mirth.server.mule.transfor mers.HL7ToMessageObject" />
                        <transformer name="XMLToMessageObject" className="com.webreach.mirth.server.mule.transfor mers.XMLToMessageObject" />
                        <transformer name="SOAPRequestToString" className="org.mule.providers.soap.transformers.SO APRequestToString" />
                        <transformer name="ResultMapToXML" className="com.webreach.mirth.server.mule.transfor mers.ResultMapToXML" />
                        <transformer name="ObjectToString" className="org.mule.transformers.simple.ObjectToSt ring"/>
                        <transformer name="NoActionTransformer" className="org.mule.transformers.NoActionTransform er"/>
                        </transformers>

<interceptor-stack name="default">
                        <interceptor className="org.mule.interceptors.LoggingIntercepto r" />
                        <interceptor className="org.mule.interceptors.TimerInterceptor" />
                        </interceptor-stack>

<model name="Mirth">
                        <!-- new descriptors will be added here -->

</model>
                        </mule-configuration>

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Here is the original from the mirth-1.3.1.zip file---BTW, I&#039;m running Win XP Pro., Java 1.5.0_06:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<mule-configuration id="MirthConfiguration" version="1.0">

<mule-environment-properties embedded="true" recoverable="true">
                        <queue-profile persistent="true" maxOutstandingMessages="100000"/>
                        <persistence-strategy className="org.mule.util.queue.FilePersistenceStra tegy"/>
                        </mule-environment-properties>

<agents>
                        <agent name="RMI"
                        className="org.mule.management.agents.RmiRegistryA gent" />
                        <agent name="JMX" className="org.mule.management.agents.JmxAgent">
                        <properties>
                        <property name="connectorServerUrl"
                        value="service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/server" />

<map name="connectorServerProperties">
                        <property name="jmx.remote.jndi.rebind" value="true" />
                        </map>
                        </properties>
                        </agent>
                        </agents>

<transformers>
                        <transformer name="ByteArrayToString" className="org.mule.transformers.simple.ByteArrayT oString" />
                        <transformer name="JMSMessageToObject" className="org.mule.providers.jms.transformers.JMS MessageToObject" returnClass="java.lang.String" />
                        <transformer name="MessageObjectToJMSMessage" className="org.mule.providers.jms.transformers.Mes sageObjectToJMSMessage" />
                        <transformer name="StringToByteArray" className="org.mule.transformers.simple.StringToBy teArray" />
                        <transformer name="HL7ToMessageObject" className="com.webreach.mirth.server.mule.transfor mers.HL7ToMessageObject" />
                        <transformer name="XMLToMessageObject" className="com.webreach.mirth.server.mule.transfor mers.XMLToMessageObject" />
                        <transformer name="SOAPRequestToString" className="org.mule.providers.soap.transformers.SO APRequestToString" />
                        <transformer name="ResultMapToXML" className="com.webreach.mirth.server.mule.transfor mers.ResultMapToXML" />
                        <transformer name="ObjectToString" className="org.mule.transformers.simple.ObjectToSt ring"/>
                        <transformer name="NoActionTransformer" className="org.mule.transformers.NoActionTransform er"/>
                        </transformers>

<interceptor-stack name="default">
                        <interceptor className="org.mule.interceptors.LoggingIntercepto r" />
                        <interceptor className="org.mule.interceptors.TimerInterceptor" />
                        </interceptor-stack>

<model name="Mirth">
                        <!-- new descriptors will be added here -->

</model>
                        </mule-configuration>

Thanks.

Comment

You should leave the original from the 1.3.1 build and change the JMX 1099 ip. Let me know if that works.

-Chris
                          Chris Lang

Comment

You can find more information at:

http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...=186&Itemid=63

Comment

Working...
                            X