PDF in HL7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF in HL7

Has anyone had any success in converting PDF content in incoming HL7 messages into other formats using any of the Java tools available? I've been able to decode the base64 data and save the contents into a PDF file, but eventually I need to convert the PDF to an RTF file, and after that another project to manipulate the PDF data itself. Any experiences anyone has had would be greatly appreciated!

Phil

The only way of doing this is by calling an external program or a java class.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did mention in my original post about using Java, and I've began pursuing the different PDF via Java options, but wanted to see if anyone else has already used any of them and wanted to share their experiences.

Phil

Comment

Can you please share one such class. I have been trying to write such a class but nothing successful.

Comment

Originally posted by JasmeetSingh View Post
          Can you please share one such class. I have been trying to write such a class but nothing successful.
          Converting from HTML to PDF or RTF is easy, but going from PDF to RTF is a bit trickier. However, I think iText (included with Mirth Connect by default) will allow you to do that; it has tools to parse PDF files, with which you could build up HTML and then convert to an RTF file from there.
          Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
          Work: 949-237-6069
          Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
          - You just bar.

Comment

Working...
          X