SMTP Auth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP Auth

I have double checked and tripled check my configuration for SMTP auth to use sbcglobal (AT&T) to mess around with sending out emails from Mirth with no luck.. I get authorization required in the console output, but confirmed my setup.

There is not a lot there in regards to configuring SMTP in the GUI, or much that shows up in server.properties either...

Anybody have any luck with SBC Global and smtp ????

Re: SMTP Auth

SBC might require an encrypted connection, which we don't support yet. I will check with Gerald to see what we can do.

Thanks,
    -Chris
    Chris Lang

Comment

Also, try configuring the SMTP sender in a javascript transformer - do you get the same error?
      -Chris
      Chris Lang

Comment

To be clear, I thought that SMTP sender used the settings from server.properties ... then I could call something like the below in javascript...

Code:
        var to = "[email protected]";
        var cc = "[email protected]";
        var from = "[email protected]";
        var subject = "Patient Alert";
        var body = "Patient Body hl7_xml['PV1']['PV1.3']['PL.1']";

var smtpConn = SMTPConnectionFactory.createSMTPConnection();
        smtpConn.send('to', 'cc', 'from', 'subject', 'body');
        and server.properties kind of:

Code:
        ron-sweeneys-computer:/Applications/mirth-1 sween$ cat server.properties
        #Fri Oct 20 07:41:36 EDT 2006
        smtp.password=blahblahblahblah1
        smtp.port=25
        smtp.host=smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
        smtp.username=myusername
        smtp.requireAuthentication=1
        Error looks like this:

Code:
        WARN  com.webreach.mirth.server.util.SMTPConnection: Could not send email message.
        com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/ds...op/pop-11.html

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1333)
                at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:906)
                at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:535)

Comment

Working...
        X