837 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 837 help

Anyone working in X12 837 for interchange control numbers and segement iterator please help me......

I have worked with 837 messages before. First you will need a copy of the specs. It will also be important that you are good at e4x. Start writing a simple javascript transformer to read some elements from the 837 message. Start adding loops to dig deeper into the 837 loops. Generating messages is more difficult but basically you will want to add elements and segments using e4x.
    Daniel Svanstedt
    Software Engineer
    Mirth Corporation

Want professional services, support, and enterprise or virtual appliances? It's all available from the Mirth Corporation:
    Mirth Support | Mirth Training | Mirth Appliances | Online Training | Developer Q&A

Don't forget, Mirth Support gives you access to all of our online training videos, and silver support gives you access to developer Q&As!

Comment

Originally posted by dans View Post
      I have worked with 837 messages before. First you will need a copy of the specs. It will also be important that you are good at e4x. Start writing a simple javascript transformer to read some elements from the 837 message. Start adding loops to dig deeper into the 837 loops. Generating messages is more difficult but basically you will want to add elements and segments using e4x.
      Thank you alot Daniel.
      I dont know e4x. I have to learn it.and control number and ICD and and CPT loops ,counting claim amount loop i am not getting idea about it. from databasereader to X12 its really hard for me.can you suggest me how to work on 837 x12 file using mirth connector.

Thank you once again

Comment

- You should learn e4x and javascript (http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/...phtml/fid/1762)
        - I assume you are familiar with 837 and you already have copies of the spec.
        - You are going to be doing a lot of coding in javascripts transformers so get familiar with the inbound and outbound message templates (msg and tmp) and how to write code to modify them.

We can help you with specific questions here on the forum. Mirth Corp offers training, support, and engineering services as well.
        Daniel Svanstedt
        Software Engineer
        Mirth Corporation

Want professional services, support, and enterprise or virtual appliances? It's all available from the Mirth Corporation:
        Mirth Support | Mirth Training | Mirth Appliances | Online Training | Developer Q&A

Don't forget, Mirth Support gives you access to all of our online training videos, and silver support gives you access to developer Q&As!

Comment

Originally posted by dans View Post
          --------------------------------------------------
          In order to write X12, do you mean in the Destination Transformer, we create Inbound XML template and assign XML segments(msg, with loops populated) to Outbound X12 template(tmp)? This way the outbound X12 segment will automatically have all the loops we need?

It'll be great if you could provide some sample scripts(for both X12 read and write) and brief instructions, thanks so much!!!
          Last edited by yywind; 11-18-2010, 01:33 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=yywind;16413]--------------------------------------------------
            In order to write X12, do you mean in the Destination Transformer, we create Inbound XML template and assign XML segments(msg, with loops populated) to Outbound X12 template(tmp)? This way the outbound X12 segment will automatically have all the loops we need?

It'll be great if you could provide some sample scripts(for both X12 read and write) and brief instructions, thanks so much!!!

Anyone has sample X12 inbound/outbound channels(handling loops) please contact me, I'd like to pay for it or make a donation, thanks. Do not have any clue how to code it although I have worked a lot on HL7 channels.
            Last edited by yywind; 11-18-2010, 01:33 PM.

Comment

We might get a sample channel submitted to Mirth Exchange in the next few months if you are willing to wait.
              Daniel Svanstedt
              Software Engineer
              Mirth Corporation

Comment

so .. "in the next few months" .. is that about .. nowish?

Comment

sample x12 mirth connector

Is this available? I would like to see a sample on how to get started. So far I am realy good at using templates but looping and creating segments and etc...I'm just getting started. Please let me know where to pick up the sample channels...any sample channels but esp those that will help me to create 837! thanks!

Comment

Is this available now?

Regards,
                    Lakshmi

Comment

Working...
                    X