Error with HL7 RDE(Pharmacy Encoded Order message) message template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error with HL7 RDE(Pharmacy Encoded Order message) message template

In my Transformer, HL7 message Template has an OBX segment like the one below.

OBX|1|IS|CD:4661^Stop Type||""

When I switched to HL7 tree I got the following error.

"Encoding not supported. Please check the syntax of your message and try again."

When I changed the 2nd field from IS(user defined table) to ST(string) I did not receive any error. Can someone help me on this? I am using Mirth 1.2.0.

Re: Error with HL7 RDE(Pharmacy Encoded Order message) message template

What is your message version?
    Chris Lang

Comment

Message version is 2.3

Comment

I have another question on how to extract code description for HL7 tables' codes. For example, how can I get the country name and county name from the segment following segment.

<PID.11>
        <XAD.1>123 STREET</XAD.1>
        <XAD.3>MEMPHIS</XAD.3>
        <XAD.4>TN</XAD.4>
        <XAD.5>38111</XAD.5>
        <XAD.6>CD:5263</XAD.6>
        <XAD.7>Alternate</XAD.7>
        <XAD.9>CD:6797</XAD.9>
        </PID.11>

6th field is country and 9th field is county. Please let me know if there is a feature in Mirth to access HL7 code values. Thanks.

Comment

I figured out the cause of error for my first question after looking at the HL7 Version 2.3 Support Guide. "IS" is not a permitted data type in the second field of OBX. The message I received is an incorrect one.

Comment

Regarding the codes question - Mirth unfortunantly does not have a built in HL7 code reference. If you would like this added, please post it as an issue on the jira: www.mirthproject.org/jira

-Chris
            Chris Lang

Comment

Working...
            X