Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 4.1.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 4.1.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. Mirth Connect 4.1.0 includes new features such as new event log messages, additional fields to the Welcome to Mirth Connect screen, new information included in alerts as well as many smaller changes, updates, and improvements. This release also contains several improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Error with HL7 RDE(Pharmacy Encoded Order message) message template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error with HL7 RDE(Pharmacy Encoded Order message) message template

In my Transformer, HL7 message Template has an OBX segment like the one below.

OBX|1|IS|CD:4661^Stop Type||""

When I switched to HL7 tree I got the following error.

"Encoding not supported. Please check the syntax of your message and try again."

When I changed the 2nd field from IS(user defined table) to ST(string) I did not receive any error. Can someone help me on this? I am using Mirth 1.2.0.

Re: Error with HL7 RDE(Pharmacy Encoded Order message) message template

What is your message version?
    Chris Lang

Comment

Message version is 2.3

Comment

I have another question on how to extract code description for HL7 tables' codes. For example, how can I get the country name and county name from the segment following segment.

<PID.11>
        <XAD.1>123 STREET</XAD.1>
        <XAD.3>MEMPHIS</XAD.3>
        <XAD.4>TN</XAD.4>
        <XAD.5>38111</XAD.5>
        <XAD.6>CD:5263</XAD.6>
        <XAD.7>Alternate</XAD.7>
        <XAD.9>CD:6797</XAD.9>
        </PID.11>

6th field is country and 9th field is county. Please let me know if there is a feature in Mirth to access HL7 code values. Thanks.

Comment

I figured out the cause of error for my first question after looking at the HL7 Version 2.3 Support Guide. "IS" is not a permitted data type in the second field of OBX. The message I received is an incorrect one.

Comment

Regarding the codes question - Mirth unfortunantly does not have a built in HL7 code reference. If you would like this added, please post it as an issue on the jira: www.mirthproject.org/jira

-Chris
            Chris Lang

Comment

Working...
            X