connecting Mirth with Google Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connecting Mirth with Google Health

trying to configure Google health as a connector to Mirth using HTTP Listener. any help is greatly appreciated.....

From the Google Health Terms of service:

You may not access Google Health other than by the interfaces provided by Google or interfere with or disrupt the proper operation of Google Health.

Greetings,
    JJ Mouris
    FFE Luxembourg
    IT-Department

Comment

Originally posted by mourisj View Post
      From the Google Health Terms of service:

You may not access Google Health other than by the interfaces provided by Google or interfere with or disrupt the proper operation of Google Health.

Greetings,
      I would think this would mean you could create an interface that uses Google Health's API.
      Jacob Brauer
      Director, Software Development
      NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

connecting Mirth with Google Health and with Microsoft HealthVault

Following this with interest. Would also like to discuss how to connect with Microsoft HealthVault. Have downloaded the MS HV SDK and just starting to look at the challenge.

Comment

Have my eye on this as well. Been looking at Google Health for a while.
          I realize that in order to interface with Google Health, you'll have to use https as transfer protocol, as well as you need user permission when you're engaged with user's data.

Any comments on this?

Comment

I looked into both GoogleHealth and HeathVault a while ago. Like a few years and at least two employers ago, so things may have changed.

The authorizations work a lot like a social network. For any given provider Google stores what patients have granted you access to their records. Patients can push records to a provider (who then has to accept/acknowledge that they want then). Conversely a provider can request records from a patient, who then has to authorize or acknowledge that.

Each request requires an API key (which you'll need to store in MR). The transfer format is CCR, which is surprisingly readable. ASTM doesn't publish the spec for free, but it is not unusual for public libraries to have a copy of the ASTM standards on paper.

The hard part of using these services is not the communication interfaces, its getting the patients and practices to buy in.

As always, if you're hacking on this please share your Mirth channels and experiences.
            Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
            http://consultzen.com/careers/
            Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
            Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Working...
            X