Implementing Multiple Instances of Mirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdehoog View Post
    How to install two instances of Mirth Connect version 2.2.1?
    It seems to be different from the earlier versions.
    Make sure you've set up two mirth schemas (maybe mirthdb and mirthdb2 on the same database, or both mirthdb on different DB instances, etc.). Then unzip the Mirth Connect packages to two directories of your choice. You can then point each of them to the correct database by editing mirth.properties (make sure to change the default ports on at least one of the instances). From there, you can launch each of them directly with mcserver. If you want to run them as a service/daemon, install mcservice as such. However, it's important to note that mcmanager is currently limited; it can only point to a single service at this time, and I -think- that it must be whichever service is named "Mirth Connect Service" (not 100% on that though).
    Step 1: JAVA CACHE...DID YOU CLEAR ...wait, ding dong the witch is dead?

Nicholas Rupley
    Work: 949-237-6069
    Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
    - You just bar.

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by narupley View Post
      However, it's important to note that mcmanager is currently limited; it can only point to a single service at this time, and I -think- that it must be whichever service is named "Mirth Connect Service" (not 100% on that though).
      Do you know if an evolution is planned?
      I have posted an issue but I have no news : Hard-coded Mirth Connect service name.

I would be great if we could at least set a property in conf/mirth.properties to indicate the name of the service.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by narupley View Post
        Make sure you've set up two mirth schemas (maybe mirthdb and mirthdb2 on the same database, or both mirthdb on different DB instances, etc.). Then unzip the Mirth Connect packages to two directories of your choice. You can then point each of them to the correct database by editing mirth.properties (make sure to change the default ports on at least one of the instances). From there, you can launch each of them directly with mcserver. If you want to run them as a service/daemon, install mcservice as such. However, it's important to note that mcmanager is currently limited; it can only point to a single service at this time, and I -think- that it must be whichever service is named "Mirth Connect Service" (not 100% on that though).
        I tried to install the service using InstallUtil (i'm a .net person). Did not work. How to install the service and change the name of the service?
        X Connections
        https://documentor.email
        https://www.x-connections.com

Comment

I tried to install the service using InstallUtil (i'm a .net person). Did not work. How to install the service and change the name of the service?
          In windows, you would generally use the sc command. IIRC it's a little bit finicky when it comes to whitespace, so you may want to try with and without quotes for both the service name and binpath (especially if you're including command line arguments). In any case if you create a service and it's not correctly booting up, you can go into the registry and manually alter the binpath key, etc.

Nicholas Rupley
          Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
          - You just bar.

Comment

Could not open SCManager.

mcservice.exe /install "mcs" give this response: Could not open SCManager.
            X Connections
            https://documentor.email
            https://www.x-connections.com

Comment

mcservice.exe /install "mcs" give this response: Could not open SCManager.
              You'll probably need to run that with an elevated command prompt. If that doesn't work, you can also manually add the service.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
              - You just bar.

Comment

I have a 2.2 mirth (32-bits) running in a Windows 2012 Server
                if I use the 64-bits installer for a 3.4 instance, it would avoid all the potential problems?
                thanks

Comment

Working...
                X