X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation on Windows 7 64 bits

Hello,

I tired to install 1.8.2 RC1.

With Mirth setup I must specify 'C:\Program Files (x86)' because default 'Program Files' folder gives a permission error.

Mirth 1.8.1 worked so something have changed in 1.8.2RC1 setup.

Anyone else got this problem ?

Thanks

Originally posted by magikbanana View Post
    Hello,

I tired to install 1.8.2 RC1.

With Mirth setup I must specify 'C:\Program Files (x86)' because default 'Program Files' folder gives a permission error.

Mirth 1.8.1 worked so something have changed in 1.8.2RC1 setup.

Anyone else got this problem ?

Thanks
    Tested this on Vista without any issues. You are correct in that it does install to Program Files now instead of x86. What's the permission error you get? If you are using the 64bit JVM the Mirth Server Manager and Mirth Service will not work properly.
    Jacob Brauer
    Director, Software Development
    NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Hello,

I got Java x86 and x64 installed (both are running), the error is :
      "Warning : The directory C:\Program Files\Mirth is not writable by the current user"

Also I installed Java x86 after x64, I will need both so is it a problem ? I really need to uninstall x64 ?

And I think this is a Windows 7 related problem but Mirth Server Manager is never shown, after a reboot it asks me to run it with Administrator privileges but nothing shows in tray. Of course I can run Administrator.

Thanks

Comment

Addition : I forgot to say there is same error even is Setup is launched as Administrator.

Comment

Same error (not writable by the current user, and I am administrator on Windows 7) with mirth-1.8.2.4472.1351 .

Any news about it ? I thought it would work with final release.

*EDIT :
          AND I i modify path to 'Program Files (x86)', at the end of setup I got :
          'Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
          Error writing file C:/Program Files (x86)/Mirth/conf/***unknown cariable database.temp***-SqlMapConfig.properties'

Seems to me Windows release is not completed.
          Last edited by magikbanana; 01-25-2010, 01:54 AM.

Comment

You need to launch the Mirth Connect Server as an Administrator for it to run.
            Jacob Brauer
            Director, Software Development
            NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

I do not understand, I am not talking about Administrator but only about setup.

There is a 'fatal' error (Error writing file C:/Program Files (x86)/Mirth/conf/***unknown cariable database.temp***-SqlMapConfig.properties') , and I launched setup as Administrator.

Comment

Same error on Windows 2008 64bits.
                I confirm there is a bug in mirth-1.8.2.4472.1351 setup.

Also :
                - With Mirth 1.8.1 setup it installed correctly to 'Program Files x86' , with Mirth 1.8.2 it 'try' to install to 'Programs' (aka Program Files x64) and this is a problem. Something has changed.
                - Shortcut Uninstall Mirth : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mirth\uninstall.exe" is missing
                Last edited by magikbanana; 01-29-2010, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Did anyone else installed 1.8.2 setup on Windows ?

If yes, please post some details. Thank you very much.

Comment

It seems I am the only one to use the Windows setup.

I do not find sources to modify Windows setup on SVN, where can I get them ?

Comment

Working...
                    X