Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• count number of XML elements

Consider this problem:

There is a variable holding an XML snippet that could have multiple repeating nodes.

<patients>
    <patient gender="m">Barney</patient>
    <patient gender="f">Sue</patient>
    </patient>

Question: How to get the count of the number of patient nodes in Javascript? Is there an easy XPath count function?

Code:
    msg['patients']['patient'].length()
    Daniel Svanstedt
    Software Engineer
    Mirth Corporation

Want professional services, support, and enterprise or virtual appliances? It's all available from the Mirth Corporation:
    Mirth Support | Mirth Training | Mirth Appliances | Online Training | Developer Q&A

Don't forget, Mirth Support gives you access to all of our online training videos, and silver support gives you access to developer Q&As!

Comment

Originally posted by Philoushka View Post
      Consider this problem:

There is a variable holding an XML snippet that could have multiple repeating nodes.

<patients>
      <patient gender="m">Barney</patient>
      <patient gender="f">Sue</patient>
      </patient>

Question: How to get the count of the number of patient nodes in Javascript? Is there an easy XPath count function?
      If you reference patient it will be a list, so you can use an e4x command to get the size:
      https://wso2.org/project/mashup/0.2/...uickstart.html

I believe you can just use .length() on your patient list.
      Jacob Brauer
      Director, Software Development
      NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jacob and Dan.

I tried .count and .length, and was attempting to use them as properties (i.e. no parenthesis). Now that you've pointed out that they're functions, everything's good.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X