java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Address already in u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Address already in u

In processing a rather large batch file (about 13000 individual messages to process) I found quite a few of these:

JavaException: java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Address already in use: connect

I wrote an additional channel that throws those "errored" messages into a directory as it processes (along with the error message), so with some work I can probably reprocess those individual messages (1900 out of the 13000).

Has anybody run into this message? It seems to occur for many messages in a row, then work again (and repeats that process). The simple answer I can guess is "SQL Server has run out of connections", however, why should Mirth be using that many connections? Does Mirth use a connection pool? Is it actually creating a brand new connection each and every time it goes off to the database?

Address already in use: connect

Hi jmoran,

I think that is not a SQL Server issue. It should be caused by limited number of TCP ports provided by Windows to the Java appilcaition.

You may want to increase the number of TCP ports from 5000 (Windows default) to 65534 by using the following Microsoft instruction:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196271

Good luck
    Sam

Comment

Execute the following command at the command prompt.
      "netstat"
      It will display all used ports on your system.

Comment

Sam,

We have ports up to 65534. However we are seeing above error.

Have you found any other solution for this issue?

Thanks,
        Ali
        Last edited by bandheli; 09-28-2018, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X