How to use the XSLT transformer step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use the XSLT transformer step

Could someone post a simple example of how to use this channel. Really just curious what I should write into the first two fields if I want to transform the entire message (Assuming for the first field it would be messageObject.getTransformedMessage() or .getRawMessage())

Thanks!

Originally posted by treynolds_nms View Post
    Could someone post a simple example of how to use this channel. Really just curious what I should write into the first two fields if I want to transform the entire message (Assuming for the first field it would be messageObject.getTransformedMessage() or .getRawMessage())

Thanks!
    Try the following:

Source: msg
    Result: xsltTransformedMsg
    XLST Template: <Full XSLT script pasted here>

Now in your destination template use: ${xsltTransformedMsg}

You also might need to uncheck "Strip namespace from messages" on the summary tab to get the script to process properly.
    Jacob Brauer
    Director, Software Development
    NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Is it possible to replace the message itself?

Hi. I've taken over the mantle from treynolds_nms.

Is it possible to completely replace the message kept in the "tmp" variable with the result of the xslt transformer instead of having to use a new variable?

It seems like we would want to do it so that subsequent transformer steps would be able to operate properly.

Thank you.

Comment

You could always try setting tmp equal to another variable in a JavaScript step or using tmp as the result variable.
        Jacob Brauer
        Director, Software Development
        NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X