Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I see the ACK messages being transmitted back and forth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I see the ACK messages being transmitted back and forth?

First of all thank you to whomever takes the time to educate me.

We are a new Mirth User we are going to initially use it in a limited way to transmit and recieve preformatted HL7 messages. So no transformation
    or preprocessing will be necessary. The s/w on each end has the ability to format/deformat the HL7 but only has read/write file abilities we need a middlle piece
    to move them around, I can see this role expanding dramatically at some pt.

We are testing and have 2 mirth sessions on 2 different computers setup - 1 to send messages and 1 to receive.
    they are in order file reader to LLP sending to receiving LLP to file writer

The mesaages are moving through the system just fine, but we have send ACK messages turned on, but have no indication that they are being sent and/or received.
    Shouldn't they show up in the message log??
    If they don't show up there were can we see that they are being processed?

Thaks in advance again

Roger Crom
    Director Tech Support
    Custom Computing Corporation

Re: How Do I see the ACK messages being transmitted back and forth?

In the LLP sender endpoint configuration there are an option (ACK timeout). This is the max time for an ACK is waited.

If this time is set to '0', then no ACK is waited. The TCP stream is closed for the sender.

If this time is the to >0, then, an ACK is waited.
    * If no ACK is received in this time, then the message is marked as "ERROR" (you can check it in the Message Browser).
    * If an ACK is received, but it's an AE, AR, CE or CR, then, the message is marked as "ERROR" in the Message Browser.
    * If an ACK is received, but it can't be converted to HL7 ACK, then, the message is marked as "ERROR" in the Message Browser.
    * If an ACK is received, and it's AA o CA ,then the message is marked as 'sended' in the Message Browser.

Comment

To watch live traffic on the network I use Wireshark (formerly Ethereal) to sniff the packets. You can see exactly what is being sent including the hexadecimal start/end sequences.

Its best to set the filters up (read the Wireshark help docs to learn the right syntax) so that they are only monitoring traffic between your sender and reciever IPs and only on the relevant LLP ports.

For an example see this post: http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...=725&Itemid=63
      Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
      http://consultzen.com/careers/
      Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
      Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Just a note - in 1.4 you will be able to route the ACK messages to a seperate Mirth channel (interface chaining) if you need to store them or validate the data.

-Chris
        Chris Lang

Comment

I wish to thank all of you that responded.

The 1st message allows us to know if acks are being sent/received

I appreaciate the info on Ethereal, but have used it alot in the past for other things, was
          really looking for a "Log" of some sort to see if the messages had been received/sent and what was the content
          not just the "code".

Looking Forward to 1.4 and keep up the good work

Roger Crom
          Director Tech Support
          Custom Computing Corporation
          Freedom Medical Systems

Comment

Working...
          X