Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

LLP/ACK problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLP/ACK problem

I have been testing a channel to send hl7 from a file reader to LLP sender WITH A FILTER to filter out any keyword with "ST01" to send to our cloverleaf engine here. (2 seperate box)
    Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
    And I also check strict parser check box(uncheck will not work with ACK) . We have to test with receiving ACK.
    I set the ACK time out (ms) to 999999 and hoping I can get longer time connection.
    And the persistent queue set to Yes.

Then I keep getting these errors:

1. sometimes this error: [2008-10-20 15:14:00,891] WARN (com.webreach.mirth.connectors.mllp.MllpMessageDis patcher:199): Can't connect to the endopint,waiting10.0seconds for reconnecting
    (java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)

2. sometimes this error: ERROR-408: MLLP Connector error
    ERROR MESSAGE: Unable to send message. Too many retries
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Then I found you have this ACK connection problem fixed on 1.7 ?

http://www.mirthproject.org/communit...owse/MIRTH-678

which I am still getting the ACK time out problem?

Please let me know how I can get the ACK to work on LLP connection.

thanks,
    Julia

Post edited by: julia1231, at: 10/20/2008 13:47

Re:LLP/ACK problem

here is the channel I created
    FILE_TO_CLOVERLEAF-8648fb1ee58b2cd77dd85c54172b995a.xml (15370 bytes)

Comment

Now I have removed "filter" just to test a local txt file to LLP sender.
      I set Keep connection open: Yes
      Use Persistent Queues: Yes
      ACK Timeout: 99999
      Process Hl7ACK : Yes
      Send response to another channel called "ACK_receiver".
      The strick parse check box are all unchecked.

Still getting error after deploy:
      ERROR-408: MLLP Connector error
      ERROR MESSAGE: Socket write exception

Can someone please tell me what's persistent queues yes/no for?
      Does anyone has same problem when use file writer to LLP sender?

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
      Julia

Comment

Persisten queues create a FIFO queue in the filesystem for outgoing messages this ( No maintenance is needed if the receiver app goes down and Secuence order is ensured ).

The errors you're talking about seems to be related to your receiving app (cloverleaf) and its specific socket management.

I think the ACK timeout has nothing to do, but perhaps you could get better results by changing the "Keep Connection Open" parameter.

Comment

Thank you for the information.
          The channel I have been running keeps erroring out. so I deleted this channel then create a new channel with file reader to TCP sender with same setting described above and set same ip and port#. I am able to send only 1 hl7 message from the message I pasted in the destination-> filter-> message templates. All the messages from file reader queued up in there.

Then I changed the channel with file reader to LLP sender with same setting and try to deploy it about 10 times.
          I am able to send hl7 messages from file writer to LLP sender.

Comment

Back to my original problem. Now I delete this channel and re-create the channel with the same setting (file reader to LLP sender). It will NOT send any hl7 message again.
            I figured that I cannot cleanup the mirth derby database, so I delete all channels and uninstall mirth. Then install mirth back.

Now I am able to send hl7 files from file reader through LLP sender with a filter apply on it.

My question for you is:
            Will mirth provide a cleanup tool to cleanup the mirth database to eliminate the errors? or we have to uninstall it reinstall it every time we got error for a channel?

thanks,
            Julia

Post edited by: julia1231, at: 10/22/2008 08:30

Comment

It sounds like you have a large queue building up. These can be deleted from the file system .mule directory in Mirth. This has also been improved in 1.8, so if you remove queued messages from the message browser, it will remove them from the queue. When you uninstall, your large queue is likely being deleted.
              Jacob Brauer
              Director, Software Development
              NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Yes, I did see the number of records increasing in the queued messae in the dashboard and I kept reset the channel.
                if I see the problem again, I will cleanup the queued message.
                Sure, I will test mirth 1.8 when I get chance.
                Thank you for the help.

Comment

Working...
                X