install mirth for mac Os

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install mirth for mac Os

im a IT student nd want to know how can i install mirth for mac.i was trying to install that and didn't work.is there any documentation about requirments and how to install mirth and use it?
    thanks

Re:install mirth for mac Os

I *think* the best way to get going with the Mac is to grab the generic ZIP, unpack it and run mirth.sh . You may need to chmod mirth.sh to executable.

I do know that some people on the WebReach team are Apple users, hopefully they'll step in with more details.
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Re:install mirth for mac Os

jbartels is right. I run Mirth on a mac. Just download the ZIP version, unzip it and run the mirth.sh.

I do the same for Windows as well. only this time it's mirth.bat. This way I can run multiple versions of Mirth simultaneously.
      Chris Ro
      Sr. Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Seems that this info should be added to the readme that pops up after the install, or at least have a "Quick Install" link on the downloads page where the user is pulling the files from. Might even make sense to have a:

"Mac Installation Step-by-Step"

Link right next to the Mac section of the Downloads.

I'm currently working on my second local install of Mirth. (Installed Mirth on my desktop machine at home to start learning it... that was about 2 weeks ago) I thought I would remember the 'tricks' but now I'm struggling with the install on a new Snow Leopard box.

On this second box, I ran the installer method, instead of the 'zip' method as recommended here, but I also see that these posts are a couple years old already...

From a business standpoint for Mirth, you definitely want the most easy install process possible. The more people that check it out, the more customers you're going to have. I can tell you that when an install is faulty (whether it's a 'real' fault or a 'perceived' fault), drive-by users will assume the company is faulty too. I'm not implying anything, just trying to give my perspective. My experience with Mirth Corp and the product has been really good!

Also, the sooner you get a user checking Mirth out, the better. I was impressed with the clean interface and organization of the application. Again, the faster a user gets to that point on their system with Mirth, the better for you.

Just fixing this install process could see a jump in new customers.
        Jimmy
        - Denver, Colorado

Comment

I do see the notes in the "Release Notes" section, but it would be better to have a "Step by Step" or something other more obvious for someone in the throes of installation.

My experience with "Release Notes" is that it implies application changes and front-end/back-end changes and does not address the more basic installation process.
          Jimmy
          - Denver, Colorado

Comment

Working...
          X