Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Configuration Backup/Restore

Using Mirth 1.7.1

I was looking at the server configuration backup/restore as an easy way to create a test server with everything configured. I have Mirth 1.7.1 running on a production server now. I have installed Mirth 1.7.1 on a test server. I clicked backup on the production server and saved the XML file. I then clicked Restore on the test server and chose that XML file, but I get the error "Invalid server configuration file"

Can the XML be restored to another physical box or is it tied to a specific instance of Mirth? I don't see any error log or other means of determining what it doesn't like about the file. I am not changing the file in any way - just backup then restore, so I don't know if the backup is creating an invalid file or the restore is not reading it correctly.

Thanks,

Lee Kasner
    Systems Analyst
    Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital
    [email protected]

Re:Server Configuration Backup/Restore

If you make sure your config file doesn't contain any personal information you can post it and I can take a look to see why it wouldn't be loading properly.
    Jacob Brauer
    Director, Software Development
    NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

I've attached the config file with private info eliminated.

Lee Kasner
      Systems Analyst
      Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital
      [email protected] 2008_10_17_Mirth_Backup_obscured.xml (181824 bytes)

Comment

You have VT (Vertical Tab) characters in two of your inboundTemplate tags. If you remove those, it should import properly. The code for the character is 0xb.
        Jacob Brauer
        NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

There also appears to have been a bug with 1.7.1 server configurations, and I'm not sure if it was in 1.7. You may have to delete the entire users element from the server configuration xml. It should not have been there.
          Jacob Brauer
          NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

I deleted the inbound templates and I am now able to restore the file.

Thank you!

Lee Kasner

Comment

Automated backup?

Hi all. I reopen this thread to ask if is it possible to make an automatic backup?
              I use Mysql, so if I use an automatic export of all db, Have I backed up all configuration, channels and stored messages?
              Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by supertoms View Post
                Hi all. I reopen this thread to ask if is it possible to make an automatic backup?
                I use Mysql, so if I use an automatic export of all db, Have I backed up all configuration, channels and stored messages?
                Thank you very much.
                Yup, backing up the database is essentially a full backup. For more automatic backup features, I recommend taking a look at the Mirth Appliances: http://www.mirthcorp.com/products/mirth-appliances
                Jacob Brauer
                NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X