Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

File or FTP Reader and Network Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File or FTP Reader and Network Drives

Hi all,

An integration engine inside our intranet is going to provide me with periodical batch files.

I prefer it places the files on a shared (network) drive for me to read them by the File Reader. But documentation says File Reader only reads from Local Drives.

Question 1: Does Mirth consider a Mapped Network Drive as a local drive?

Question 2: Is File Reader able to read files from a Not mapped Network Drive?

Question 3: IF it does and the network drive needs access permission, how the required username and password for File Reader can be set? (At present, I am assuming it is not possible)

Question 4: Do I have to use FTP Reader instead?

I need to move the files after being read and archive them out of the FTP Server.

Question 5: Is FTP Reader able to use its Move-to-Directory feature and store them on Mirth Server or a network drive (anywhere out of FTP server)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sam

Post edited by: SamG, at: 10/16/2008 19:19

Post edited by: SamG, at: 10/16/2008 19:21

Re:File or FTP Reader and Network Drives

Hi Sam,

We've added a new File Connector method called "smb" in Mirth 1.8 (RC now available for download) that allows you to connect to Linux and Windows network shares with authentication. All File Connector methods (file, FTP, SFTP, and smb) support the Move-to-Directory function.
    Gerald Bortis | Chief Information Officer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Just a quick note: RC1 did not have the SMB option in the drop down. RC2 (likely available today) will have the option.
      Gerald Bortis | Chief Information Officer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

Hi Gerald,

Thank you very much for this GREAT news. :woohoo:

I will try it ASAP. I appreciate your non-stop innovations. You have a wonderful team.

Cheers
        Sam

Comment

Gerald:

I am testing out the new 1.8 release and smb is still not available as an option in the dropdown. Filed an issue on missing combobox item.

Thanks
          Les

Comment

lmann,

That was a mistake with the initial release. The later build (4126) was posted to correct it, and only a few people downloaded the first build we posted. Install the new one and you shouldn't have any problems.
            Jacob Brauer
            Director, Software Development
            NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X