Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Message in log files are inaccurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message in log files are inaccurate

When I pull up my test message in the log file, why does it not have the correct data in the Transformed Message tab or Encoded Message Tab? It does have the correct data in the Mappings tab and Raw Message tabe but the other two.

Thanks for any help,
    Marty

Re:Message in log files are inaccurate

Marty,

It depends on what you channel is doing to the message.

The process is (roughly) like this, I'm still learning my way so treat this as 80% accurate:

1. Raw message - the message as it came in from the source listener/reader
    2. Mappings - the bits and pieces that are picked out of the raw message
    3. Transformed message - The message after manipulation by a transformer
    4. Encoded message - The final message before its sent over the wire to a destination

So based on what a given channel does in the mappings or a transformer those can vary quite a bit, especially when templates get mixed in.

As always, if you can post your channel and log messages it will help the Mirth team help you and help them determine if its a bug or not.
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Re:Message in log files are inaccurate

The transformer message and encoded message are identical on my destination channel. I was thinking it should work as you said. The output file seems to have the correct information. I was curious why the transformed and encoded messages don't seem to have any of the incoming message info in it.

Thanks for the replies.

- Marty

Comment

Working...
      X