Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

rookie question: connection idle (file reader)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rookie question: connection idle (file reader)

I am just getting started with Mirth 1.7.1.3422 (under Windows Vista).

I enabled and deployed a simple channel which transforms one XML file to another XML file, reading the input ASCII file from the disk and writing the output file to the disk. My problem is that the output file is not written, and the input connection is idle. I set it to poll every 100 ms. The input file doesn't change. How do I debug? On the dashboard it says the channel is started though connection is idle.

I have exported the channel and attached the XML file to this message.

This channel worked fine with a previous version of Mirth (1.5.0.2272, also under Vista). This is my first test with 1.7.x

There are no errors in the dashboard (it just shows connection as idle), and no apparently related errors in mirth.log or wrapper.log. There is a runtime error that pre-dates back to the install date:

ERROR 2008-10-05 17:18:12,486 [Thread-2] com.webreach.mirth.server.Mirth: org.mule.MuleRuntimeException: Failed to create UMOManager instance "org.mule.MuleManager"

I suspect that has something to do with install/update issues. Note the timestamp is 10/5 which is the install date.

thanks.

XMLToXML.xml (6805 bytes)

Post edited by: cluelessjack, at: 10/09/2008 09:15

Post edited by: cluelessjack, at: 10/09/2008 17:06

Post edited by: cluelessjack, at: 10/09/2008 17:16

Re:rookie question: connection idle (file reader)

Jack,

A few things to check:

1. What Java version are you running? Mirth will *run* under Java 6, but its only reccomended and supported under Java 5.
    2. Vista wankery - Any firewalls, access, or other security quirks?
    3. File to File is about as simple as you can get. How does your channel compare to the File to File sample at http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...ownload&gid=16
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Re:rookie question: connection idle (file reader)

jbartels wrote:
      Jack,

A few things to check:

1. What Java version are you running? Mirth will *run* under Java 6, but its only reccomended and supported under Java 5.
      2. Vista wankery - Any firewalls, access, or other security quirks?
      3. File to File is about as simple as you can get. How does your channel compare to the File to File sample at http://www.mirthproject.org/index.ph...ownload&gid=16
      Thanks for the response. For now, it seems to be working. I stopped the channel, re-deployed it, and it seems to be polling the file with the set frequency (every few seconds) and doing the file to file. I will keep your points in mind and post again if I notice any further problems.

I did get a Java error that seemed wierd. I am running Java 6, so that might cause some issues. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X