Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Custom Protocols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Protocols

I've been using Mirth for a few years now and I love it. I would like to use Mirth for more than just my HL7 needs. It is possible to configure a channel to use my own, custom protocol? I have an application that I wrote years back and it connects via a TCP port on a server that I also wrote. I would like to replace my server with Mirth and then write a channel to replace what my server does.

Unfortunatly, the custom protocol can not change since the clients are distributed all over the place. I have tried to configure a TCP listener and a LLP listener to act as the server, but the channel always fails when it tries to convert my raw protocol to xml or whatever. Is there a way to make the channel skip the automatic conversion and just leave me with the raw data that came in on the port so I can process it in a script? I guess I want to disable the mapping.

I know this is way outside the realm of Mirth, but It would be really cool to be able to customize the server in this way. Maybe it's already possible?

Re:Custom Protocols

Perhaps you can use a TCP or LLP listener, but using a preprocessor script like this one:

Code:
    var msg = "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><msg>" + message + "<msg>";
    return msg;

This way you can get the data wrapped in a XML message, then you can use a XSL to transform the original data to your needs?

The other way, is coding a custom connector, but AFAIK it's very difficult (see mule homepage).

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
    X