Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

SQL Server 2000/2005 connection string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL Server 2000/2005 connection string

When connecting to a SQL server 2000 or 2005, what is the syntax of the connection string to be used? I'm trying to do a database query and can't even get to the point where I can attach to the SQL database. I've tried a number of different settings and none of them work. My channel won't start thus giving some bogus, generic error. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
    Marty

Re:SQL Server 2000/2005 connection string

Code:
    var dbConn = DatabaseConnectionFactory.createDatabaseConnection('net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver','jdbc:jtds:«»sqlserver://172.25.25.25:1433/dbname;,'user','pass');
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

jbartels wrote:
      Code:
      var dbConn = DatabaseConnectionFactory.createDatabaseConnection('net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver','jdbc:jtds:«»sqlserver://172.25.25.25:1433/dbname;,'user','pass');

Do I put the above in the URL field on the Source Tab when I'm configuring for a Database Reader?

Thanks for the quick reply and help.

- Marty

Comment

Attached is a screenshot I'm trying to setup.

- Marty mirth_setup2.jpg (43213 bytes)

Comment

I finally got it. This was the syntax:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://ipaddress:1433/databasename

where ipaddress is the ip of the server and databasename is the name of the database we are trying to connect to.

- Marty

Comment

I have an Instance of SQL on my DB. Say TestServer\DevInstance and My DBName is MirthDB.

How would I do that, I tried the above but is not recognizing.

Comment

http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html

You need to set the instance parameter.
              Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
              http://consultzen.com/careers/
              Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
              Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Another option is to use the IP address and port number of the SQL Server instance.

Comment

Working...
                X