Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Missing a file reader how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing a file reader how to

Hello there,

I just stumbled over Mirth and am currently evaluating it a bit. I am trying Version 1.7.1.3422.

So what is my problem?

I am trying to create a channel for search files created from STN International. This is at least no standard format I am aware of (probably I am wrong there). What we did till now is parsing these files with small custom Java Apps.

The format is a custom ASCII one. Made up with a key, separated by a tab followed by the content of the key, something like this
    Code:
    AN    ws1234568
    TI    Some title
    AB    This is some abstract text that is spread over several lines.
          Line two. There may be many other, but I leave them out.
    How can I handle this with Mirth? I think what I am really missing is the right documentation ...

Or did I misunderstand the usage of Mirth?

-- Chris

Post edited by: chris everty, at: 10/05/2008 23:12

Re:Missing a file reader how to

Mirth should be able to handle this. What you get from Mirth is something to manage the connections and take care of the routing, since the messages you want are not a standard supported in Mirth you will need to read the data in as plain ASCII and parse it in a javascript step.

When you parse the message I would strongly suggest parsing the ASCII into XML, once its in XML you can leverage Mirth much more easily to filter and transform these messages.

If you can provide more info the experts around here might be able to give you more info as to what you need to setup to use Mirth in your scenario. Things like what is the source of the data, just files on disk?? Once you've read a file what do you want to do with it, route it to another machine, change data in the message, block certain messages?? That kind of info will give us the big picture.
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Working...
    X