Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Encoding character set.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encoding character set.

Is there any way to change the encoding charset for the encoded hl7 string?
    I have problem with hungarian alphabets.

Re:Encoding character set.

Yes. You have a combo-box at the mllp sender to select the desired encoding.

But if you're using LLP, use UTF-8. MLLP doesn't suppor all encodings

Comment

does Mirth support ASCII-EBCDIC encoding? there is a big list of encoding set but did not see ASCII-EBCDIC. May be this maps to one in the list. The system I am trying to send the HL7 messages I believe uses ASCII-EBCDIC encoding. Thanks.

Comment

AFAIK ASCII-EBCDIC doesn't exist. You must be refering to EBCDIC, the IBM encoding.

The combo box displayed by Mirth shows the encoding supported by the java virtual machine under Mirth server is running. If it doesn't contains EBCDIC, you could try an IBM JRE.

Comment

Hi
          I am testing Mirth in a Simple HL7 workflow (from File Reader channel - HL7 files / to SQLServer database).
          I have found a problem with characters when I read from the File Reader channel, I always loose "Spanish Characters", and in database appear as (?,/,etc..); otherwise, if a write the same HL7 message directly on channel with "Send message" option, the characters goes to database correctly.
          I have probed with almost encoding option (ISO, UTF8, IBM850) with no success.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Comment

What version are you using? Could you post your channel ?

Comment

Hi

I am using the last released version of Mirth 1.7.1 (3422). I enclose the xml for the channel I configured.
              As you see in images attached, when the HL7 message is captured from file reader way, "extra-chars" are not showed correctly, while I put the message directly on channel (image2), chars are processed throw DB correctly.

any idea about encoding problem?

thanks in advance. HL7_HIS_IN.rar (3268 bytes)

Comment

I enclose images again. Images.rar (79310 bytes)

Comment

Hi.

I've made some tests and your're right: there is a bug in 1.7.1 reading files using a system with a default charset different than utf-8 (as Windows or MacOs)

You can use the file attached to this post to solve the issue (overrite the ones in Mirth, and restart it file_reader_update_for_1.zip (53172 bytes) )

Comment

P E R F E C T !!!!!!! :woohoo:

You saved me.

Thanks a lot , Alberto.

Comment

Working...
                    X