Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

I'm submitting this PermGen error to MirthProject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm submitting this PermGen error to MirthProject

Just wanted to submit this PermGen error to MirthProject. See attached.

Is it as serious problem or should I ignore them?

Thanks

The attached image was too large. I'll try again.

Post edited by: Jimhotep, at: 09/25/2008 08:09

Post edited by: Jimhotep, at: 09/25/2008 08:11

Re:I'm submitting this PermGen error to MirthProject

What was happening when you got this error?

It looks like Mirth was making an HTTP POST request to some outside web service and got a 500 back, which means the error was thrown from that service.
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Re:I'm submitting this PermGen error to MirthProje

This seems a problem with PermGem at Mirth server.

Change the Java VM startup settings of your Mirth machine (-XX:MaxPermSize ) at wrapper.properties

Comment

Re:I'm submitting this PermGen error to MirthProject

I don't have any channels sending messages to a web service.

I have one channel receiving messages from our production interface. These messages are routed to 15 channel writer connectors.

Each channel reader connector IDs and transforms the messages to file writer connectors.

I'm trying to recreate all of my ADT interfaces currently in production.

I have been changing these values in the wrapper.conf file. Here I am just guessing.

# Initial Java Heap Size (in MB)
        wrapper.java.initmemory=512

# Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)
        wrapper.java.maxmemory=1024

Thanks

Comment

So how's that permgen fix coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by michaelm View Post
            So how's that permgen fix coming along?
            It should be fine with an increased maxpermsize. Certain configurations require more permgen than Java gives by default.
            Jacob Brauer
            Director, Software Development
            NextGen Healthcare

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jacobb View Post
              It should be fine with an increased maxpermsize. Certain configurations require more permgen than Java gives by default.
              We recently did increase ours so we'll see how it does. Out of curiosity, is there any benefit to leaving the minpermsize set way down at 3? Earlier in this thread Jim mentioned he set his minimum to 512, but as long as the max is high enough I can't figure out why the minimum should even matter.

Comment

I would guess that by setting a minimum, java sets aside that much memory for your app when it starts up. That way other apps can't take that memory; it will always be available for Mirth. That's just a guess though, I could be wrong.

Comment

Is there a way to send an alert for permGen? We don't want this happening in production.

Comment

Working...
                  X