Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Mirth intrerrupts Windows shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirth intrerrupts Windows shutdown

If Any Mirth application that uses javaw.exe (Mirth Administrator & Mirth Server Manager) is running while user initiated shutdown or logging off, the application 'hangs'.
    Corresponding error is appearing on the screen indicating that the system cannot terminate the application. Unless user hits 'OK', system hangs indefinitely,
    preventing normal shutdown.

I'm experiencing it every time, on XP, 2003 Server.

Anybody run into the issue?

... I'm not sure if it's right place to post this.

Re:Mirth intrerrupts Windows shutdown

Are you running Mirth as a straight executable or as a Windows service?
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

Mirth Service runs as Windows Service (wrapper.exe) - does not cause the problem
      Mirth Service Manager (MirthServerManager.exe) - runs from tray. -> causes problem.

Post edited by: smakarsky, at: 09/23/2008 08:16

Comment

Just another comment - this seems to me like critical issue.
        I'm using default install of Mirth 1.7.1. As soon as I installed Mirth, I'm not able to shut down Windows without closing Mirth Administrator & Mirth Server Manager - system just hangs.
        Note that MirthServerManager runs from the tray, and (by default) automatically starts with OS boot / User logon.

Any suggestions how to avoid this problem?

Comment

We have many people here running a wide variety of Windows OS's, and have never experienced the problem. Can you give more info? Anyone else experience this?
          Brendan Haverlock | Mirth Software Engineer | Mirth Corporation

Comment

On ALL of the systems I was dealing with (XP, Server 2003, Vista) When user is logging off or shutting down the system, and Administrator or Serer Manager running, they getting message like this (in about 10-20 seconds):

If they will not click anything, system 'hangs' until they do. Now, imagine that it's virtual box somewhere, and user is logging off. They hit 'log off' button and close Remote Desktop window (they don't wait until message above will appear, so they can click 'ok') Result: that session is now hang. Moreover, nobody can use is or log on to it - they use the second one, after that - console. And after that the only way to login to the box is to do hard reboot.

Hope I explained it better this time...

Post edited by: smakarsky, at: 09/26/2008 12:41

Comment

Yeah, I get the same problem on Windows XP and Windows 2003 running Mirth 1.7.1.3422.

Haven't tried Vista, because we don't use Vista.

Comment

I'm experience the same problem too, but only on a Windows 2003 machine.
                When the user tries to log off, the Mirth Server Manager hangs . The Mirth version is 1.7.1.3422.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I have used this version of Mirth previously on Windows 2003 machines without any problems.

Comment

smakarsky wrote:
                  Just another comment - this seems to me like critical issue.
                  I'm using default install of Mirth 1.7.1. As soon as I installed Mirth, I'm not able to shut down Windows without closing Mirth Administrator & Mirth Server Manager - system just hangs.
                  Note that MirthServerManager runs from the tray, and (by default) automatically starts with OS boot / User logon.

Any suggestions how to avoid this problem?
                  Hi smakarsky !
                  I don't think that this is a critical issue ...
                  You started it manually ; so YOU have to stop it manually ... too easy to wait for Windows doing the job for you ... We also know that Windows always don't do the job for us that's a fact (lol) And to prevent databases problems ...

=> Just install the Mirth service by the wrapper and everything is working like a charm. :cheer:

Best Regards

Antaris

Comment

Little correction: I did not start Mirth Server Manager. It's (shortcut) being put in startup folder by Mirth installer, and therefore started automatically.
                    Currently I'm instructing everybody to manually remove the shortcut from their startup folder after running Mirth Installer -- I thought there must be better solution than that.
                    I'd appreciate if you read ALL my posts above before posting the answer.

Post edited by: smakarsky, at: 11/04/2008 07:43

Comment

Working...
                    X