Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

SOAP Destination Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOAP Destination Channel

It would be useful to get some opinions about the use of this channel in a high volume transaction environment. It seems to me that dynamically invoking a web service method, which is what happens when the basis of the reference to the service is a WSDL, is not the most efficient way of processing HL7 data.
    Any thoughts, opinions greatly appreciated.

Re:SOAP Destination Channel

Its not terrible, can you attach a copy of your channel to see how its being called?

It would be more efficient to process the message inside of Mirth, but if the operating environment requires that you use a web service then anything you run will incur the same penalties.
    Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
    http://consultzen.com/careers/
    Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
    Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

The org that I'm doing the work for had decided to use a Web Service as a destination channel. I wrote the service on the assumption that Mirth would transform an HL7 raw message from a hospital system into XML. My web service will then process this XML and write the data to a DB. I've attempted to make the service as thread-safe as possible but I'm concerned about the large data volumes I've been told may occur.
      I'm unsure about your question - the SOAP Sender simply specifies the WSDL URL and the service endpoint URI. A method at this endpoint has an argument that represents the XML data stream.
      Does all this make sense?

Comment

What is "a large data volume"? 50k messages a day? 100k? How big are the messages?
        Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!

Comment

Good questions!
          Let's assume a typical ADT msg is about 5k bytes, and that we could be dealing with a msg every 2 or 3 seconds.

Comment

Unless your webservice is incredibly slow or you have a very bad network connection, a 5K message every few seconds should not be a problem.
            Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X