Announcement

Collapse

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 Released!

Mirth Connect 3.12.0 is now available as an appliance update and on our GitHub page. This release includes database performance improvements, improves visual HL7 representation, message pruning, keystore handling, PDF generation, community contributions, and fixes several security vulnerabilities. This release also contains many improvements to commercial extensions. See the release notes for the list of fixes and updates.

Download | See What's New | Upgrade Guide | Release Notes

For discussion on this release, see this thread.
See more
See less

Problem with MyFirstChannel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with MyFirstChannel

Hello,

I'm new to Mirth and for testing purposes I want to create a channel to read a sample HL7 file and write the output of the channel to a database (PostgreSQL).

I used sample HL7 messages which can be found on http://www.dt7.com/cdc/sampmsgs.html. I save these as a normal .txt-file.

When I start the channel, the channel tries to process the HL7 message but this gives an error...

This is the screenshot of the error:

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6905/outputeg3.png

I really don't know where I have to look to solve the problem so I hope anyone has some suggestions for me.

Kind Regards

Re:Problem with MyFirstChannel

Hi Tombo,

I don't know if I can personally help you but at least on my screen, the image you posted is really small and can't really read it. Is there any chance you can post the text-only as well?
    Oscar Gonzalez
    : Home of the Mirth Healthcare Appliances.

Comment

The error message is complaining about something from SQL.

Can you also post the SQL statement you're trying to run?
      Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
      http://consultzen.com/careers/
      Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
      Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

oscar wrote:
        Hi Tombo,

I don't know if I can personally help you but at least on my screen, the image you posted is really small and can't really read it. Is there any chance you can post the text-only as well?
        Code:
        [2008-08-25 16:09:20,781]  ERROR (org.mule.impl.DefaultComponentExceptionStrategy:95): Caught exception in Exception Strategy for: 9e7d8b1c-6809-46bd-bc16-4c0c63a01480: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Write statement should be an insert / update / delete sql statement
        java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Write statement should be an insert / update / delete sql statement
        	at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jdbc.JdbcMessageDispatcher.doDispatch(JdbcMessageDispatcher.java:120)
        	at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.jdbc.JdbcMessageDispatcher.doSend(JdbcMessageDispatcher.java:157)
        	at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:166)
        	at org.mule.impl.MuleSession.sendEvent(MuleSession.java:191)
        	at org.mule.impl.MuleSession.sendEvent(MuleSession.java:130)
        	at org.mule.routing.outbound.AbstractOutboundRouter.send(AbstractOutboundRouter.java:85)
        	at org.mule.routing.outbound.FilteringMulticastingRouter.route(FilteringMulticastingRouter.java:89)
        	at org.mule.routing.outbound.OutboundMessageRouter$1.doInTransaction(OutboundMessageRouter.java:78)
        	at org.mule.transaction.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:48)
        	at org.mule.routing.outbound.OutboundMessageRouter.route(OutboundMessageRouter.java:82)
        	at org.mule.impl.model.DefaultMuleProxy.onCall(DefaultMuleProxy.java:247)
        	at org.mule.impl.model.seda.SedaComponent.doSend(SedaComponent.java:209)
        	at org.mule.impl.model.AbstractComponent.sendEvent(AbstractComponent.java:277)
        	at org.mule.impl.MuleSession.sendEvent(MuleSession.java:201)
        	at org.mule.routing.inbound.InboundMessageRouter.send(InboundMessageRouter.java:161)
        	at org.mule.routing.inbound.InboundMessageRouter.route(InboundMessageRouter.java:128)
        	at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver$DefaultInternalMessageListener.onMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:493)
        	at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:272)
        	at org.mule.providers.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:231)
        	at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.file.FileMessageReceiver.processFile(FileMessageReceiver.java:236)
        	at com.webreach.mirth.connectors.file.FileMessageReceiver.poll(FileMessageReceiver.java:138)
        	at org.mule.providers.PollingMessageReceiver.run(PollingMessageReceiver.java:118)
        	at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext.java:290)
        	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
        	at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
        	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
        [/quote]

I hope you can read the error message better now.

jbartels wrote:
        Hi Tombo,

The error message is complaining about something from SQL.

Can you also post the SQL statement you're trying to run?
        I used the the following SQL-code:

Code:
        INSERT IGNORE INTO localhost (LastName, FirstName) VALUES (${LastName}, ${FirstName});
        I don't have much experience with databases so I probably make some stupid mistake but I hope someone knows any solution.

Thnx in advance!!! [/code]

Post edited by: Tombo, at: 08/26/2008 00:44

Post edited by: Tombo, at: 08/26/2008 00:45

Post edited by: Tombo, at: 08/26/2008 00:46

Comment

The problem was indeed something with the SQL-statement. When I tried to write the output to a file everyting works fine.

The next step is to completely convert an incoming HL7-message to EDI-format. I don't think this can be done directly. Is it possible to first convert the HL7 message to XML-format and convert this to EDI-format?

Comment

Tombo wrote:
            The problem was indeed something with the SQL-statement. When I tried to write the output to a file everyting works fine.

The next step is to completely convert an incoming HL7-message to EDI-format. I don't think this can be done directly. Is it possible to first convert the HL7 message to XML-format and convert this to EDI-format?
            Yes. If you are writing out to a file drop the ${transformedMessage} variable into the template and you should see an XML representation of the HL7.
            Jon Bartels

Zen is hiring!!!!
            http://consultzen.com/careers/
            Talented healthcare IT professionals wanted. Engineers to sales to management.
            Good benefits, great working environment, genuinely interesting work.

Comment

jbartels wrote:
              Tombo wrote:

Yes. If you are writing out to a file drop the ${transformedMessage} variable into the template and you should see an XML representation of the HL7.
              Thnx voor you're quick reply...

Can I map the whole message to XML at once? And how do I have to configure the transformator (mappings, etc...)

Comment

INSERT IGNORE INTO localhost (LastName, FirstName) VALUES (${LastName}, ${FirstName});

It seems that in this sql statement instead of localhost you need to put name of the table, and make sure that your sql server or databse is configured properly..

My MSSQL see following

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg4qt3vj_19gj3hx9h2

Comment

Working...
                X